Recommended trans/clutch upgrades at 550rwhp/550+rwtq

WA 2 FST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I've had my RC for ~9 months, put 4k miles on it. Love this truck. Enjoyed my QC too, but I prefer this one.

Strongly considering Stryker heads/cam combo that should get me another 100+rwhp/rwtq over what I have now... it may get me a lot more, but we'll never know til its all done.

I have the stock clutch (10.6k miles), slave, and T56 trans in the truck now.

I will _never_ race the truck on slicks. I also typically just roll into the throttle in 2nd and 3rd gear. 1st gear is a granny gear in these things, IMHO, without race tires. I drive the truck spiritedly at times, with some aggressive (non-powershifted) upshifts from time to time. To this point, all I've done is routinely drain/add fluid to the clutch reservoir to keep it fresh.

Knowing my driving habits... do I really need to upgrade anything in the drivetrain with adding a heads/cam combo? If so, what is necessary? I hear of people putting in the Viper slave, but then there are problems associated with that. I don't mind a stiffer clutch, if that is necessary, but it needs to _work_, not be adjuted 5x to get it dialed in. Plug and play is what I'm after.

At least put a Centerforce clutch in it, Viper salve is absolutely necessary, and also I would recommend replacing the plastic shift fork pads to bronze pads.

centerforce with the viper upgrade is awesome !!! easy clutch pedal won't notice the any pedal effort difference. more freeplay i do notice, but it grabs good! go balls deep!! the OEM will not last ! you will lose confidence in your shifting ability before you find out it is the master slave combo that is causing poor shifts!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back