Reg Cab power band

poppopmadman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced the power band in 1st gear - about 4500 it will break the tires loose - LOL no NOS on...
I first thought that the clutch was splipping until I heared the tires squeel - also tonite the road was a little wet and it almost went sideways.

Just wondering - Maybe because I used the NOS around 4500 and the computer wants to dump fuel!

romp first at 3k rpms you should be able to spin 1st, 2nd and atleast chrip 3rd in a stock truck

BurntRubber said:
romp first at 3k rpms you should be able to spin 1st, 2nd and atleast chrip 3rd in a stock truck

yep, i can usually get a good chirp into third at about 65-70 mph.....love this truck!

I will make a video and you can hear it get loose - I just roll the throttle and then about 4500 it breaks loose - cool but scary if it is wet out.

You can smokem real good popping it in 2nd gear then hold down that throttle no brakes needed

Mine will spin pretty easy in first unless you are on very good pavement.

Sounds like there will soon be another donor truck...:(

That's funny.......the tires break loose at 4500...........peak torque........fkn love it..........:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :rock:

I look at it like this. Driving these trucks on an asphalt surface is like driving a regular car on ice. You just have to be careful. At least mine anyway:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back