Relentless Misfire! HELP

Do you have access to a small inspection camera? You need to pull the plugs and inspect the combustion camber for debris. Can you post pics of the Iridium spark plugs? I am concerned with your description of them. Pull the valve covers and check your valve springs

yep i have a borescope. :rock: hopein it won't be needed.

will get photos of the plugs up this evenin

Never a bad idea to scope when you are changing plugs. The top ring land is thin . deterioration will cause particles to bounce around and damage plugs.(first sign of problems) A coil is a simple "stepup" transformer. It goes from 12 volts to approx. 30,000 volts. an aftermarket coil might do 40,000 volts by adding more windings but at the expense of amperes. it cannot generate more amps. Generally the amps decrease. The spark controlling module takes the abuse. same as the "points and condenser" setup of years past. Did you just check for heat at the exhaust port or spark generation through the wire? there is a tool for checking spark while engine is running. I am thinking the spark is there just not lighting anything. ..... just a thought .

Last edited:
yes heat at the ex. port. bout same distance from the header flanger.

yep, got the spark "checker. once i got on the right track, went with "old school" method of pullin wire off & used the spark checker also & swapped 2 know good wires, no spark on #4

there is also a tester called a NOID light for checkin fire in the inj. don't have one of them puppies

thanks for da thought:rock:

yes heat at the ex. port. bout same distance from the header flanger.

yep, got the spark "checker. once i got on the right track, went with "old school" method of pullin wire off & used the spark checker also & swapped 2 know good wires, no spark on #4

there is also a tester called a NOID light for checkin fire in the inj. don't have one of them puppies

thanks for da thought:rock:

You can rent a noid light set at autozone/o' reilleys. I'm betting on coil pack. I may even have an extra laying round if needed.

thanks Scott:rock:

lookin for mine:mad:lol.

why is it every time your not 100% every ya-ya wants to race???

& when your ready can't get a run to save your butt???

thanks Scott:rock:

lookin for mine:mad:lol.

why is it every time your not 100% every ya-ya wants to race???

& when your ready can't get a run to save your butt???

Because when you are running right, they can't catch up to even get a race.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back