Remove cats

tim simmons

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone can help me out. Can i remove my cats without throwing codes or do i need a retune and turn off the rear o2s? Just looking for a little more power.

You can do it several ways but the best way is to tune out the rear o2s, in my opinion.

so if you remove all cats and do nothing else you will throw a code? what about adding cutouts will that cause codes? sorry for the tread jack tim.

Eye candy. My bad

Attachments

• 20160513_142740.jpg
    20160513_142740.jpg
    553.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 20160513_142809.jpg
    20160513_142809.jpg
    578.4 KB · Views: 69
so if you remove all cats and do nothing else you will throw a code? what about adding cutouts will that cause codes? sorry for the tread jack tim.

Yes to the codes---mime was re tuned. Cutouts----no. I added mine and not a problem.

Eye candy. My bad

What tires are you running at the track? Do you have any traction modifications? Reason I ask is because if you answer stock rubber and no mods you are probably going to do better with the tailgate on.

Rained out yesterday. Firestone destination 305/40/22. Truck is pretty much stock. No cats, cai. Yes it will throw a code. Next mod is a tuner and some headers. Truck sounds much better without the cats.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back