Removing Anodizing

amtrucker22

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I decided to remove the anodizing from the center caps. Tom had his center caps anodized blue. I like blue... Just not on a yellow truck :eek:

Here is what I did.

This what I started with:

photo1.jpg

Then I bought some Easy Off oven cleaner from the dollar store.

photo3-1.jpg

I put the center cap in a container and covered it with easy off (submerged) for 15 + minutes.

photo4.jpg

After 15+ minutes I took it and rinsed it off and brushed off the center cap (it was very oxidized). This is what it looked like when it was done.

photo2.jpg

I then took some Mothers Billet polish and polished the center cap.

photo2-1.jpg

Pretty good results I think. I still have to do some more polishing but I ran out of time. This will work on any anodized item you have though.

photo4-1.jpg

looks good:rock::rock::rock:

whats the deal with the pull tab???:dontknow:

looks good:rock::rock::rock:

whats the deal with the pull tab???:dontknow:

lol... Only clean spot on the bench :dontknow: Didn't even notice until you said something lol. It was all the way down at the end of the bench where I would take pictures, I would work on the other side.

works for me, lol:rock:

Do you have, or can you take pics of them installed from inside the rim. I have a set that's just sitting around waiting to be installed, but I feel I'm missing something. The stockers have a clip. I don't see how the screws provided will work.

Do you have, or can you take pics of them installed from inside the rim. I have a set that's just sitting around waiting to be installed, but I feel I'm missing something. The stockers have a clip. I don't see how the screws provided will work.

There should be washers under the screws that grip the lip of the wheel where the plastic clips on the OEM center caps would.

I actually do have a picture of the screw, AND if you look hard enough in the background you can see it in the blur installed...

screw.jpg

There should be washers under the screws that grip the lip of the wheel where the plastic clips on the OEM center caps would.

I actually do have a picture of the screw, AND if you look hard enough in the background you can see it in the blur installed....

Ah, ok, I get it now. I'll have to do mine sometime soon! Thanks!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back