Removing factory Navigation Head Unit

FaSt ReD SrT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys... I was wondering if there is anyway that I can remove my factory navigation radio, but still be able to keep the volume, etc, on the steering wheel with some kind of a DVD or Navigation aftermarket head unit like Alpine.

Please let me know any kind of setup you have in your SRT... and if you have pics or anything that would be appreciated:rock:

I also just slapped in a custom box behind the seat with 2 10" square L5's and a 1200 watt Kenwood amp.... Needless to say, I can't feel my ears anymore... Haha:D

Peripheral Electronics makes these. They can convert your OEM steering wheels to work with several brands of aftermarket head units, including Alpine. More information here:

http://peripheralelectronics.com/web/steering.asp

I haven't used their interfaces so I don't know exact details, but they've been helpful to me while researching their iPod interfaces.

i have one installed on mine. Not sure the brand i have anymore, it basically converts the steering wheel controls into a remote. if you look at the uper left part of the silver you'll see a little 'nub' thats the remote sending unit from the steering wheel, hard to notice unless its pointed out.

attachment.php

Attachments

• SRT-10 audio 001.jpg
    SRT-10 audio 001.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 1,348
Back