removing seats on a 06

LMSVPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So...have someone taken out their seats in ur 06?
questions are...
Is the seats plus the middle console one piece? or 3 pieces?
do i need to take the shifter console first ? or no?
or just unbolt the 4 bolts on each seat and take the seats seperate?

when i did my system on my rumble bee, the seats were one piece and now
Im doing a lil stereo upgrade on my 10 and i need to take the seats out so i can have more space to work with while installing wires amp etc.

i put/ran my power wire with my inline fuse from the battery to the back today and i am doing the rest next week. so i didnt have time to finish it tonight and i just was wondering so i know what to expect next week when i finish it..thank you :D

I should know as mine have been in and out several times...if I remember right you need to start with the console....both seats are connected by brackets running under the console which the console attaches...once you removethe console you can remove each seat independently...

TNVIPER said:
I should know as mine have been in and out several times...if I remember right you need to start with the console....both seats are connected by brackets running under the console which the console attaches...once you removethe console you can remove each seat independently...

Nice, thanks Larry :D
i did notice those brackets while i was removing the sub box....should be easy since i have taken out the shifter console before...took me a few to figured it when i installed my X Metal shifter...

Do u have pics of the inside of ur truck? i dont think i have seen it with the 05 interior.....do u also have the 04/05 shifter console? And i guess ur butt warmers dont work with those 05 seats uh?

LMSVPR said:
Nice, thanks Larry :D
i did notice those brackets while i was removing the sub box....should be easy since i have taken out the shifter console before...took me a few to figured it when i installed my X Metal shifter...

Do u have pics of the inside of ur truck? i dont think i have seen it with the 05 interior.....do u also have the 04/05 shifter console? And i guess ur butt warmers dont work with those 05 seats uh?

I will be posting pics later...my interior has changed drastically...the only 05 interior parts are the carpet and seats....all the trim has been re-painted.;) ......the butt warmers dont work but all that is needed is the heat pads that go under the seat covers...I still have the connectors under the seats so it would just be a plug & play....I didnt install them because I really have no need for them as this is not a DD...

TNVIPER said:
I will be posting pics later...my interior has changed drastically...the only 05 interior parts are the carpet and seats....all the trim has been re-painted.;) ......the butt warmers dont work but all that is needed is the heat pads that go under the seat covers...I still have the connectors under the seats so it would just be a plug & play....I didnt install them because I really have no need for them as this is not a DD...
ya really wanted an '05, didn't ya lar?? comeon, admit it, you closet '05 lover........ :D :D :D

Last edited:
TNVIPER said:

nice :D i like my seats but the carpet not so much...it gets dirty really fast, especially the passenger side :argh: :argh: :argh: damm :toilet:

LMSVPR said:
nice :D i like my seats but the carpet not so much...it gets dirty really fast, especially the passenger side :argh: :argh: :argh: damm :toilet:

Yeah, that light gray carpet shows everything....the black carpet from an 04 or 05 will fit right in...and it looks good with the rest of the 06 interior colors..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back