Removing the brake air ducts

SRT-BR

Reaction score
How do you remove the brake air ducts?

I’m trying to fix my lower air dam metal support strip under the front bumper due to rust that has formed most likely from water collecting between the plastic and the metal strip. I’m going to try and have this metal strip made locally out of stainless at a local metal shop since a new panel from dodge is expensive.

I ran into a problem. The brake air ducts are secured through this air dam with a single bolt on each and the driver’s side nutsert in the plastic air duct was spinning so I cut off the head of the bolt but now I need to remove the entire air duct to fix this. I removed the bolts that go through the plastic up near the A/C condenser but that’s not enough to slip the plastic and the then the air duct out.

I remove the lower splash shield first (the piece that has the metal strip on it that you are replacing) then remove the brake duct with the mounting bracket. Don't forget to remove the clips in the front end of the duct.

What clips?

Under the hood behind the bumper is one bolt for each air duct and they go through a flat plastic piece that wont come out easily. The A/C condenser is in the way it appears. I need to do some more work tonight on this and figure it out but any help would be great.

What clips?

Under the hood behind the bumper is one bolt for each air duct and they go through a flat plastic piece that wont come out easily. The A/C condenser is in the way it appears. I need to do some more work tonight on this and figure it out but any help would be great.

The AC condenser lifted up help remove plastic piece below. It attaches to brake ducts. Remove entire under shield and two bolts holding condenser and tranny cooler if equipped to make it easier.

Back on this task today got to get this out to fix the spinning insert. It appears the duct is attached to the steel bumper support. No room to really see behind there to see how it's attached so I'm thinking I'm going to have to remove the bumper cover for access. I lifted the condenser but I need to get to the hardware so I can remove it completely. :confused:

Front bumper cover takes only a few minutes to remove.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back