Repairs at Dealer Aggrevation (long story)

Jhazephae

Reaction score
Has anyone had issues with getting their truck repaired at dealership?? My experience this month is just ridiculous. I took my truck on 12/29/11 because I felt there was an issue with transmission, and plus when it rained I had issues with my steering wheel and squealing when I turned the wheel. So, here's what was done on truck:
- vp power steering system flush
- replaced worn serpentine belt
- issue w/ transmission pan leaking
- replaced power steering pressure hose (pump to fan)
- replaced ext housing seal ( 2 piece driveshaft)
- replaced rotor brakes
So got a call that when they were replacing rotors they called and said both my calipers were sticking and had to be replaced. So, had to wait for part. Then they got hose for power steering, and didn't come w/ connector so had to wait for another extra day. My warranty covered a rental for 5 days, but when I was suppose to pick up truck, they did a test drive and the issue w/ transmission wasn't fixed. So, they had to breakdown the transmission, so had to get rental extension for 7 more days. So, picked up truck on 1/11/12. On the 17th, leaving out driveway and heard a pop. Power steering fluid leaking, had to tow to dealer. Come to find out use the wrong connector for power steering hose. So, got another rental on 19th. They ordered 10mm the 1st time, so wasn't the right connector, so some dumb ass ordered the 10mm again b/c they thought the 1st connector was a bad part. So, had to wait some extra days b/c they had to get 10mm part for westcoast area, which they found out didn't fit, now they decided to order 9mm, and guess what doesn't fit either. So, 1/29/12 they advise that the spoke with Chrysler, since have mastercare warranty and they advised to just replace power steering pump b/c the connector parts should come with it. So, call them today, guess what?? They ordered the wrong pump, so still waiting for my truck. Is it always like that when it comes to having repairs made on this truck?? The funny part was she felt b/c they gave me the 2011 SXT Dodge Charger, I wouldn't be in a rush to want my truck. She was like you don't like it? I almost curse her out b/c what the **** that got to do with anything. Hell, no I don't like it..**** it ain't the SRT8 plus I need my truck.

All srt-10s squeal and lose power steering when it rains. Water pools in the hood scoop. Chrysler in all there wisdom put the opening directly over the belt. When you accelerate, the puddled water spills directly on the pulley causing squeal and the power steering slips causing loss of control.

Additionally all the powersteering hoses leak. Should have checked jtsvp for some replacements.

All srt-10s squeal and lose power steering when it rains. Water pools in the hood scoop. Chrysler in all there wisdom put the opening directly over the belt. When you accelerate, the puddled water spills directly on the pulley causing squeal and the power steering slips causing loss of control.

Additionally all the powersteering hoses leak. Should have checked jtsvp for some replacements.

I have mastercare plan, so I don't have to pay for the parts or repairs. I only had to pay for my routers. But that's a nice piece of information about the squealing noise. Wow, really didn't know that.

Agreed.. mastercare plan FTW!

2 things i never do. File a comprehensive insurance claim. Let a dealer tell me I need some unscheduled maintenance.

I have mastercare plan, so I don't have to pay for the parts or repairs. I only had to pay for my routers. But that's a nice piece of information about the squealing noise. Wow, really didn't know that.

whats a "routers"????:dontknow:

yep, had belt squeakin in the mornins when it was wet. just replaced belt & both pulleys. tensioner pulley bearins had very little to no grease.

did they replace the pulleys also????

Has anyone had issues with getting their truck repaired at dealership?? My experience this month is just ridiculous. I took my truck on 12/29/11 because I felt there was an issue with transmission, and plus when it rained I had issues with my steering wheel and squealing when I turned the wheel. So, here's what was done on truck:
- vp power steering system flush
- replaced worn serpentine belt
- issue w/ transmission pan leaking
- replaced power steering pressure hose (pump to fan)
- replaced ext housing seal ( 2 piece driveshaft)
- replaced rotor brakes
So got a call that when they were replacing rotors they called and said both my calipers were sticking and had to be replaced. So, had to wait for part. Then they got hose for power steering, and didn't come w/ connector so had to wait for another extra day. My warranty covered a rental for 5 days, but when I was suppose to pick up truck, they did a test drive and the issue w/ transmission wasn't fixed. So, they had to breakdown the transmission, so had to get rental extension for 7 more days. So, picked up truck on 1/11/12. On the 17th, leaving out driveway and heard a pop. Power steering fluid leaking, had to tow to dealer. Come to find out use the wrong connector for power steering hose. So, got another rental on 19th. They ordered 10mm the 1st time, so wasn't the right connector, so some dumb ass ordered the 10mm again b/c they thought the 1st connector was a bad part. So, had to wait some extra days b/c they had to get 10mm part for westcoast area, which they found out didn't fit, now they decided to order 9mm, and guess what doesn't fit either. So, 1/29/12 they advise that the spoke with Chrysler, since have mastercare warranty and they advised to just replace power steering pump b/c the connector parts should come with it. So, call them today, guess what?? They ordered the wrong pump, so still waiting for my truck. Is it always like that when it comes to having repairs made on this truck?? The funny part was she felt b/c they gave me the 2011 SXT Dodge Charger, I wouldn't be in a rush to want my truck. She was like you don't like it? I almost curse her out b/c what the **** that got to do with anything. Hell, no I don't like it..**** it ain't the SRT8 plus I need my truck.

I Love Stealerships, They just exude such confidence....kinda like when your babe fills up their diaper.

Problems

I had the same issue. They make a grill cap for the front grill to stop the water from coming in. helped mine:rock:

whats a "routers"????:dontknow:

yep, had belt squeakin in the mornins when it was wet. just replaced belt & both pulleys. tensioner pulley bearins had very little to no grease.

did they replace the pulleys also????

I was like hell if I know what a router is, isn't for computer, lol. But I saw I wrote that, lol. Writing quick, meant rotors, lol.

See if the dealer will install Jtsvp PS hoses under warrenty .. You can't be those hoses..

100_2205.jpg

FTW!!!!!!

See if the dealer will install Jtsvp PS hoses under warrenty .. You can't be those hoses..

Got truck back today, they advise me that they went ahead w/ replacing pump in order to get correct connector parts. I don't really know what they did just as long as its fixed.

Back