Replacement Lugnuts with locks info

Veneno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas, I have a 2005 QC and need new lug nuts all around. I was going to take the front wheels/front suspension apart to inspect it(I have a shake on my steering wheel, trying to figure out the cause) but the lug nuts have been overnighted by the previous owner and messed up the chrome cap. I'll have to destroy the stock lugs and replace them with something other than the stock crap. I've been trying to find a good quality replacement for my polished wheels but I can't seem to find the exact info I need. From what I understand, our lugs are 9/16-18 with a 7/8 hex, acorn style with 60 degree angle. What I don't know is how tall they need to be. I'd prefer a set with locks on them. Would this set work?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002803SF4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER"]Amazon.com: Gorilla Automotive 76693N "The System" Duplex Acorn Wheel Locks (9/16" Thread Size) - For 5 Lug Wheels: Automotive[/ame]
Gorilla 76693N-System?

I've tried searching several times in this forum and haven't found the exact part number I need. Thanks in advance guys.

Thanks, I'll take a factory one off and measure it to make sure they aren't too long. One of the few that aren't destroyed anyway.

ABSOLUTELY NOT, these will look like nipples, I have a pic on here somewhere. Stock lugs are 1.5 inch long, the hex head on OEM caps is 22mm, but the fake cap crushes to 7/8 over time. Most replacement lugs just go with the 7/8 heads

ABSOLUTELY NOT, these will look like nipples, I have a pic on here somewhere. Stock lugs are 1.5 inch long, the hex head on OEM caps is 22mm, but the fake cap crushes to 7/8 over time. Most replacement lugs just go with the 7/8 heads

So these will not fit, or they will not look good in your opinion?

do you want chrome nipples on your wheels??
1.5 inch is correct length, 2 inch is too long

Attachments

• nipple lugs 1.jpg
    nipple lugs 1.jpg
    593.4 KB · Views: 226
  • nipple lugs 2.jpg
    nipple lugs 2.jpg
    512.5 KB · Views: 233
Thanks for the heads up, that was my concern. I'll see what else I can find and post my findings.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back