Restricted Access

Silverback

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, what is happening here? I can log on to the site from home, but when I have tried from work the past few days I get this "Server busy" BS. What, we only get access from one IP from now on?

Damn guys, I need my forum fix from work also.;) :p :D

Silverback said:
Okay, what is happening here? I can log on to the site from home, but when I have tried from work the past few days I get this "Server busy" BS. What, we only get access from one IP from now on?

Damn guys, I need my forum fix from work also.;) :p :D

I logged on today from three different computers in three different states...:dontknow:

Walt

Guys I have had similar problems over the last few days and it is a server problem. There is no restricted acess to anyone. Our server has not let me on even today around 11:00 AM. We use one of the best most reliable providers in the world. But remember these things are all F R E D* s.
And they are all powered by smoke, once you let the smoke out of anything electronic or electric it usually doesn't work any longer. ;) So some of the smoke has leaked our of our service providers system.
There is no easy to go through Forum deprivation, try watching reruns of the Twilight Zone and check back every few minutes.
* F R E D = Freckin Rediculas Electronic Device.:rock:

I have noticed a few problems with the site myself, I just figured they would get fixed.

Bill.

Well hurry up and round up that damn smoke that escaped and put it back in FRED.;) I actually go to work about an hour early so I can get caught up before I start actual work.:eek: I need my forum fix in the morning.:D

Sorry guys, we have massive amounts of data being transfered through this side daily...just to give you an example, we have over 928,900 hits a day....im working on it!

thanks

Patrick

Last edited:
Silverback said:
Well, at least I know I'm not on your "Ignore List".;) :p :D :rock:
Not anymore hehehehehe. I tried using that on someone a while back, but for some reason I found myself going through the extra motions just to open the message to see what they said LOL.

Today we went down for about 10 minutes, but I mean with the "Server Busy" message, are the people who are getting that using Notron Antivirus. I called Norton, and the most recent update that was released this last friday is causing all kinds of "server busy" problems they said. You can either diable the norton, or do a restore until they have a fix ....try that and let me know...

Thanks

Patrick

RedSrt007 said:
Today we went down for about 10 minutes, but I mean with the "Server Busy" message, are the people who are getting that using Notron Antivirus. I called Norton, and the most recent update that was released this last friday is causing all kinds of "server busy" problems they said. You can either diable the norton, or do a restore until they have a fix ....try that and let me know...

Thanks

Patrick

I have Norton at home and no problems. I believe I have it at work also. Need to check. Not sure if I can disable it at work or not. I will play with it in the morning.

Thanks for the advice Patrick.

RedSrt007 said:

Thanks

Patrick
I have Norton at home and can log on under my account and includemeout can log on under his account. At work we are on a server and use e-trust. I can log on there, too :D :rock:

Use Norton both at home and at work, I've never had problem

not sure who is having the "server busy" problem then, but please keep me informed as I have never had the problem and am trying to narrow it down. So if you could, please give me details (what virus programs your using, time, what URL your trying to go to, etc...). It kinda difficuilt to solve a problem, when only a few people are having it, and im not..

If the problem continues, we might have to bump up our servers to dedicated w 2gig bandwidth/month...

Thanks for your understanding

Patrick

Last edited:
Silverback said:
Well hurry up and round up that damn smoke that escaped and put it back in FRED.;)

No way that is happening. I got out of jail last week and I'm sure Fred would not appreciate it.

RedSrt007 said:
not sure who is having the "server busy" problem then, but please keep me informed as I have never had the problem and am trying to narrow it down. So if you could, please give me details (what virus programs your using, time, what URL your trying to go to, etc...). It kinda difficuilt to solve a problem, when only a few people are having it, and im not..

If the problem continues, we might have to bump up our servers to dedicated w 2gig bandwidth/month...

Thanks for your understanding

Patrick

I couldn't access the site from work at all today. Home, no problem and I'm running Nortons at home.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back