Retrax Covers - owners impressions?? Cheapest place to buy??

Where to purchase - Where else? BOOMER!:)

My Impressions - Overall, I like it. It definitely looks nice and works well. I like the fact that it is pre-cut from the factory to work with the wing - and the factory does an excellent job cutting it as it fits perfect around the wing.

There are two things that annoy me a bit.
1) In the heat of the Summer, the cover tends to get a bit 'wavy' from front to back. Nothing serious, but it would look better if it stayed smooth and flat. Not sure if other roll covers have this problem or not?:dontknow:

2) It 'chatters' going down the road from the wind. Actually, the only time I even hear this is when my rear slider window is open. So it's no big deal.:D

Hamrhead said:

My Impressions - Overall, I like it. It definitely looks nice and works well. I like the fact that it is pre-cut from the factory to work with the wing - and the factory does an excellent job cutting it as it fits perfect around the wing.

1) In the heat of the Summer, the cover tends to get a bit 'wavy' from front to back. Nothing serious, but it would look better if it stayed smooth and flat. Not sure if other roll covers have this problem or not?:dontknow:

2) It 'chatters' going down the road from the wind. Actually, the only time I even hear this is when my rear slider window is open. So it's no big deal.:D
Really pre-cut to fit around the wing? man mine must have been for a reg ram cause the wing sits on top and looks shitty, wish i had gotten the one for our trucks...

Craigster..........really like mine, it was the first thing that I bought from boomer in 2005.......if only it would have ended there. All I know is Boomer must have a large jar of left nuts that all of fella's have given him for his killer toys.

Craig, I really like my Pace Edwards Bedlocker..... It has remote operation and there's no need to remove the wing... It rules.

SD

RETRAX retractable tonneau cover

ditto Hamrhead's comments - overall, I'm very happy with it.:burnout:
Hamrhead said:

I have th Pace Butler Jackrabbit. I had to cut aound my wing, but wanted to PB over the Retrax because it had a black Vinyl cover rather than the black plastic/metal cover.

Oh and it rattles at higher speeds to, I think any cover like this will rattle. Really do not notice it unless the back window is open.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back