Revs after shifting at WOT

Harasin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i've got a question for the RC guys out there. I might be paranoid but at WOT right after shifting to 2nd the revs go down from 5k or so for half a second, and then continue to climb before the usual shift to third. Is this normal? This might be an extremely stupid question but it's my first manual vehicle. Thanks in advance.
-Eric

are you asking if it is normal for the rpm's to drop when shifting in between gears?

VIPER-SARAUS said:
Try heel-toe method to keep the RPM's up in between shifts!:burnout: :bandit:

heel-toe is when you a re braking

BurntRubber said:
are you asking if it is normal for the rpm's to drop when shifting in between gears?

Not exactly. When shifting from wot I take my foot off the gas, shift, then reapply 100% throttle it actually goes down in Revs for half a second then continues to climb while it's wide open

if the tires are spinning/smoking. when you re-engage the clutch on 2nd gear if your not spinning them then the tach is settleing to the drivetrain speed before you start accelerating

or you have a PCM problem

After WOT throtle into 2nd your RPMs should be lower than 5k unless your spinning. im thinking 3k are higher just depends. right? im always looking at the road

Hmm thanks for your input guys, I have a feeling its just the tach settling to the drivetrain, but just to be sure, I'm going to get my buddy to take a video of the tach while im driving it.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back