right side door effects coming off again...

Outlawl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WTF!!

I had the dealer repair it a month after I bought it. 6 months later its starting to seperate from the GD door panel again.

What is the deal ? It was summer when they repaired it, it is now in the low 40s . Could temperature be the issue ? or possibly living on the coast ? I just know this sucker is gonna go flying off when I least expect it....

:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

get some plastic weld. the probablly used the 3m tape shit dont last long. I know mine arent coming off again:marchmellow:

outlawl mine does the same thing. I have tried all sorts of industrial tape but the same piece (just like yours) keeps comin off. Don't know if I want to do the plastic weld though!!!

i used a product called sticoflex....
used for putting body kits on

Make sure the dealer is installing it with the correct clips that go into the holes in your body panel.

These effect panels attach with clips AND 3m tape. If they are using just tape or not making sure the clips are installed correctly it will be by by birdie.

FWIW

all i see is that grayish glue stuff, its only one corner right now, but I know its just gonna keep peeling off...:argh:

GriMacE 06QuadSRT10 said:
Make sure the dealer is installing it with the correct clips that go into the holes in your body panel.

These effect panels attach with clips AND 3m tape. If they are using just tape or not making sure the clips are installed correctly it will be by by birdie.

FWIW
What he said..........

Quick

How do I make sure ? is there a way to check ?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back