Road Course in NJ

riley6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my RC to the road course for the first time last weekend. I had a blast and the truck did pretty well. The track days are much cheaper than others, from what I see. Check it out: Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ :rock:

These trucks handle better than you would think....and you can do some suspension work that will make Vette owners get bored at lookin at your tail lights......one member here goes to VIR every year and ruins a lot of Vette owners day..;)

TNVIPER said:
These trucks handle better than you would think....and you can do some suspension work that will make Vette owners get bored at lookin at your tail lights......one member here goes to VIR every year and ruins a lot of Vette owners day..;)

You are absolutely right, I got some love. But on a tight track, I was abit slower than the sports cars and it was a handful. I wish I had the money to invest in making it a track killer (not to mention 1/4 mile killer).

i call BS :bs:

we tryed the truck ( Roe supercharged ) on circuit Zolder and could not get the lap times as with my sons Renault Clio Williams... 140 HP-930 kg.
Forget it , a serious sportscar does 1 min 50sec on Zolder, the truck could reach 2 min if alot of practice.... ;) :D

and for a 1000 times, why in the world should we want to compare a 5000 lbs pickup truck with a sportscar... BS. :p :D :D :D :D

If a fairly stock suspension can get within 10 seconds of a "serious" sportscar then what would one do with a modified suspension?..;) ....and we werent camparing truck to sports car...just saying it is fun to take a truck and beat up on the little cars..:D

TNVIPER said:
If a fairly stock suspension can get within 10 seconds of a "serious" sportscar then what would one do with a modified suspension?..;) ....and we werent camparing truck to sports car...just saying it is fun to take a truck and beat up on the little cars..:D

ok, yes, but then again... serious sportscars with modified suspension go 1min 40 sec at Zolder... Belcar racers drive that all day long...:confused: :dontknow: :D :D

i just want to be realistic... before FI , i could just keep up with my sons unmodified Porsche 964 , year '92... no , i exagerate , once above 100 mph ... i lost him...:mad:

Last edited:
belgiumbarry said:
ok, yes, but then again... serious sportscars with modified suspension go 1min 40 sec at Zolder... Belcar racers drive that all day long...:confused: :dontknow: :D :D

i just want to be realistic... before FI , i could just keep up with my sons unmodified Porsche 964 , year '92... no , i exagerate , once above 100 mph ... i lost him...:mad:

it's all good barry, i feel your point. i would leave an m3 on the straights but he would catch me in the twisties. the cayman s in front of me kept about the same lead on me.

rode with a professional driver at the wheel of one of our trucks. TWICE.
these beasts are surprisin on a road course for sure. was more impressed with the truck than the viper.
this was at the SRT Track Experience event.:rock: :burnout: :rock: :burnout:
be nice if there was a road course around here. if it ain't straight line or roundy round track, forget it:p
you guys are very lucky to have one close by:rock:

belgiumbarry said:

Barry honey...nobody says the truck is a road coarse queen...just that it handles the road course a lot better than expected....and can worry some so called sports cars....just fun to take a big truck and make a Vette sweat...specially ones with bad drivers...;) :D

Exactly, I chased down and passed BMWs, a supercharged NSX, etc with my supercharged SRT Ram. The biggest difference was the adjustable shocks!

To see the look on their face with my big ass grill in their rear view mirror only to pass them in the twisties and certainly on the straights in priceless!

Last edited:
hehhhhehhhhehehhehe... i was just a little pushing the debate ! :p :D :D :D

indeed amazing what our trucks can do.... for a truck . ;) Now with the Roe i can keep up my sons Porsche 964 ... ( 250 HP,1200 kg)
Ofcourse it's "working" in the seat ... :eek:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back