road race suspension

dnz28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i started my project, got my engine just right, but going into a corner is easy, coming out usually not a fun task. i was looking at suspension lowering its and was wondering which is best, I was going the 4 link way but that would put me in a class were i am always going to be dead last. So modified stock suspension is the way im leaning to.

I road raced my truck a few times...Motorsports Park Hastings (Nebraska) and Pueblo Motorsports Park (Colorado) both 2.20 or so mile road courses.

I used X-Metals lowering kit with QA-1 adjustable shocks all the way around (bought the shocks from JMB (vendor))

The combo of lower center of gravity and adjustable shocks made a world of difference in the twisties. With 702 rwhp on tap and the improved suspension on stock Pirelli tires and wheels I was able to not just catch up to a BMW Z3 (with a very good veteran driver behind the wheel) I also passed him in the twisties.

The adjustable shocks in my opinion made a world of difference as I could control the lean of the truck in the turns. I did have some upgraded brake pads as well.

I kept the alignment neutral (near factory specs) as I had planned on doing some road racing, local cruizin and drag racing.

they got road race courses in houston?????
only thing been able to find here is Racer's Ranch. one of them high dollar "communities". nice track though. a bit over 3 mile road course

Last edited:
well the got a few ways to do road racing in houston, there is msr,and on 45 in la marque they have scca solo racing, also there is a new track in hitchcock that opened not to long ago that i dont know much about, and there is one more place but i cant think of it at the moment.

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
I road raced my truck a few times...Motorsports Park Hastings (Nebraska) and Pueblo Motorsports Park (Colorado) both 2.20 or so mile road courses.

I used X-Metals lowering kit with QA-1 adjustable shocks all the way around (bought the shocks from JMB (vendor))

The combo of lower center of gravity and adjustable shocks made a world of difference in the twisties. With 702 rwhp on tap and the improved suspension on stock Pirelli tires and wheels I was able to not just catch up to a BMW Z3 (with a very good veteran driver behind the wheel) I also passed him in the twisties.

The adjustable shocks in my opinion made a world of difference as I could control the lean of the truck in the turns. I did have some upgraded brake pads as well.

I kept the alignment neutral (near factory specs) as I had planned on doing some road racing, local cruizin and drag racing.

This is what I plan to do with my beast as well. What do you have under the hood to get 702hp? I have a Ground Effects lowering kit but stock shocks now.

there is a ton you coul ddo, sway bar bushings, adjustable sway bar links, my fornt springs are 10% stiffer than most out there, and qa1's help a ton.

also take at least one leaf from mid pak of the rear spring pak , that takes a ton of the jitteryness out of the rear suspension.

Is there a good happy medium setup for both drag and road course?

to a degree, with the way mine is set up, it tracks really well in the curves with the sway bar bushings and all , but the rear is a tad soft for the the road track, but I took and did more than one spring in the rear to make it hook better at the track.
with only one spring removed it should be jsut about right, and the sway bar bushings made a big difference in the handling department.

riley6 said:
This is what I plan to do with my beast as well. What do you have under the hood to get 702hp? I have a Ground Effects lowering kit but stock shocks now.

I had upgraded pistons, Paxton at 8psi, water/meth injection, X-metal intercooler on top of the stock Paxton cooler, DC Performance blower flash, DC Performance supercharger ducting, VEC3 with custom tune from Joe Donovan. Without the water/meth I was at 667 rwhp.

Hey Stinker, can you PM me pricing on sway bar bushings and your drop kit? I would like it if the kit did not come with shocks. Also can you post pics of your leaf springs? Thanks

the kit is $500 plus shipping the kit comes with the springs , bumpstops, rear blocks, u bolts, front and rear sway bar bushings, and gots one left sir

can i get your phone number so i can get you my info for payment/shiping

I'll be ordering them soon !!

I need to cut down the rear links (seems easy enough) and maybe buy new fronts,too.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back