Roe Heat Shield

Rickspeed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roe Racing Supercharger Heat Shield, like new condition. Asking $25
27.jpg

I bought the filter...got it today...needed an extra...and by the way have never used my heat shield.

Thanks Rick!

I bought the filter...got it today...needed an extra...and by the way have never used my heat shield.

Thanks Rick!

Yeah Roy, I noticed in your pictures that you never have it on. I left it off till I read a tech writeup from Kenne Bell on the dangers of having an open filter sucking hot air from the engine compartment...detonation was a serious problem in their tests which could cause engine failure.....probably helps that you rebuilt yours with forged rods & pistons after the first one blew..;)

It didn't blow...but it was about ready to!

I don't race it...I have the water/meth injection, and a Roe performance radiator...along with the forged bottom end. I think I recall the article you referenced and I don't think they were referring to systems that have our cpu safety margins built in. One of the things that happens with our engines is that the a/f mixture is changed as the ambient intake temperatures rise (hence the "heat soak" issues our trucks are famous for).

On the other side of the equation, I also have the Roe IAT mod that fools the cpu into thinking that the temps are cooler than actual...

Bottom line, when I rebuilt the engine it became a weekend cruiser that never sees 5000 rpm...and has never seen a track. It is just a "blue hair, grocery getter" these days (with 685 rwhp if needed some day...).

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back