roe plug gaps

505'sFastestViper. said:
I meant 30-35 but for some unknown reason that is what I gapped mine at was 32 but not I am going back to bosch platinum IR Fusion which are preset at 30 the colder the gap with out highoctane you will get a rough Idle, so the ngk IR's like said gapped 32-35 32 on the on the cylinders 1-5 and 35 on the rest have had a detonation problem yet with no meth.

you guys use platinum plugs in a blower app! you fellas have some major cajones!!!

mr. anderson said:
you guys use platinum plugs in a blower app! you fellas have some major cajones!!!

Yep! I'm using 2 step colder plugs on my engine.

hmmm. page 1-1 of the install:

http://www.paxtonauto.com/pdf/manuals/4809645.pdf

"Before beginning installation, replace all
spark plugs with NGKZFR6F-11 (follow
the procedures indicated within the factory
repair manual and/or as indicated on the factory
underhood emissions tag). Do not use
platinum spark plugs.
Change spark plugs
at least every 15,000 miles and spark plug
wires at least every 50,000 miles."

not sure as 2 indexes would reduce the issues from the platinum in a boosted app (predetonation and detonation).
can you tell me who recommended a platinum plug for your app? IR plugs are fine and are used in many boosted apps but never have I heard platinum being recommended in any heat range.

mr. anderson said:
hmmm. page 1-1 of the install:

http://www.paxtonauto.com/pdf/manuals/4809645.pdf

"Before beginning installation, replace all
spark plugs with NGKZFR6F-11 (follow
the procedures indicated within the factory
repair manual and/or as indicated on the factory
underhood emissions tag). Do not use
platinum spark plugs.
Change spark plugs
at least every 15,000 miles and spark plug
wires at least every 50,000 miles."

not sure as 2 indexes would reduce the issues from the platinum in a boosted app (predetonation and detonation).
can you tell me who recommended a platinum plug for your app? IR plugs are fine and are used in many boosted apps but never have I heard platinum being recommended in any heat range.
that is for paxton. Was running platinum then ngk iridium now back to platinum ir. Colder plug means less detonation but can also Idel rough. plus that is more for emissions standards then for performance. The epa now is going after the people who make the cat sims. Which is bs because they state for off road use only:D It pisses them off because they know now we can pass emissions with them:rock: FTITP

"not sure as 2 indexes would reduce the issues from the platinum in a boosted app (predetonation and detonation).
can you tell me who recommended a platinum plug for your app? IR plugs are fine and are used in many boosted apps but never have I heard platinum being recommended in any heat range.[/QUOTE]
Those where not platinum that I indexed like that those where the ngk IR Also

heres a link :http://www.boschautoparts.com/Products/SparkPlugs/IrFusion.htm

hmm, haven't really paid attention to the latest and greatest of spark plugs, those do look interesting, I would be interested in the amount of platinum to IR ratio that make up the core of those plugs. since it is a mix maybe it might be just fine. how much they stealing per plug?

I'll just stick with my copper plugs. I like to check my plugs every 5k miles anywho. old habit, even though you can only read so much into it.

NGK IR's are the only plugs that would fire in my Lincoln it has 9.6/1 static CR w/16psi boost.

mr. anderson said:
hmm, haven't really paid attention to the latest and greatest of spark plugs, those do look interesting, I would be interested in the amount of platinum to IR ratio that make up the core of those plugs. since it is a mix maybe it might be just fine. how much they stealing per plug?

I'll just stick with my copper plugs. I like to check my plugs every 5k miles anywho. old habit, even though you can only read so much into it.
You can get them for about 50 bucks you can still check these plugs for detonation and such just dont have to worry about blowing out the gap on them that is the plus constant gap mean constant spark. Just a thought I will let you guys know how good they work and how long they last.

Yellow venom said:
Did you watch the video clip of when they dynoed them? A little HP gain too:rock: and better fuel economy:D
yes I watched it. thats why I went with the bosch (not becuase of the video)but researching into thm when they came out, now I know I can get the e3's. People dont realize how important plugs are just like good motor oil. The price is not that bad considering there life. Thanks for the renminder:burnout: :burnout:

Don't waste your money on the e3's, they're snake oil. nothing special, no special metals used, just special advertising. I would chalk these up there with the splitfire spark plugs. no improvements over stock other than the bigger hole in your checkbook.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back