Roll Cage

thjones3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The RIP thread got me thinking about this. I have the tools and ability to build roll cages. I haven't run the calcs or done any serious research on this yet, but was thinking some 1.75" x .120" DOM should fit the bill pretty well (plus I have 3 sticks of it in my garage :p ). I am not too concerned about it being NHRA certified, just something that I know will save my arse should the need arise. I'm still not sure about the A-pillar bars though. What do you think?

thjones3 said:
The RIP thread got me thinking about this. I have the tools and ability to build roll cages. I haven't run the calcs or done any serious research on this yet, but was thinking some 1.75" x .120" DOM should fit the bill pretty well (plus I have 3 sticks of it in my garage :p ). I am not too concerned about it being NHRA certified, just something that I know will save my arse should the need arise. I'm still not sure about the A-pillar bars though. What do you think?

If you want pix/specs to get you started, I can help.

I don't see any reason why the cage Nana had built wouldn't pass 10 second inspection at most tracks (since most just require a roll bar up to 10 sec.), and it would be a good start for an 8.5 spec cage.

Ram From Hell said:
If you want pix/specs to get you started, I can help.

I don't see any reason why the cage Nana had built wouldn't pass 10 second inspection at most tracks (since most just require a roll bar up to 10 sec.), and it would be a good start for an 8.5 spec cage.

Pics would be awesome. I am not familiar with the regulations for NHRA cages. Maybe something I can look into.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back