Ron Capps at Maui Raceway Park

mauiSRT/10

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who would think a NHRA driver would show up on Maui but Ron Capps did last nite. They had a Napa tent up and he signed hundreds of autographs giving away free Napa hats and posters. I of course got in line for my chance at some free swag. :D I thanked him for coming to Maui and told him to enjoy his vacation. He laughed and said " it starts in about an hour"!! LOL Our track was his 4th stop that day. He must have signed his name a thousand times. He was very gracious and with everybody taking pictures etc... Very cool, I will now root for him.

On a side note I qualified #1 in the street class with my mustang with a .507 reaction time(.500 is perfect). Got a first round bye.....very cool considering my reaction times has sucked this year. Got my best time to date:
2.17 sixty foot (street tires)

If you look closely in my pic you will notice I am sporting my VTCOA shirt......flying the colors!!! LOL

patrick

Attachments

• 2010-03-20_17.56.52.jpg
    2010-03-20_17.56.52.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 53
You're right Patrick. It's got to be hell to come to Maui. ;) :D I really feel sorry for Ron.:p :D

Your times look pretty good. Got anymore mod's planned for the Mustang?:dontknow:

Silverback said:
You're right Patrick. It's got to be hell to come to Maui. ;) :D I really feel sorry for Ron.:p :D

Your times look pretty good. Got anymore mod's planned for the Mustang?:dontknow:

LOL....thats why I told him to enjoy his vacation! He certainly didnt fly all the way out here for promo purposes.

For my mustang I ordered some Pypes longtube headers, h pipe and some high flow cats. Gonna be a bitch to install them though. Gotta remove, cai, battery tray, starter, steering rack, dipstick, motor mounts and jack the engine up a few inches. :( :mad: LOL I got a couple of friends whom love to wrench so we will tackle it over a weekend.

I put in 4.10's in Feb which really woke up the car. Sixty foot time are much more consistant now, always in the 2.1 range.

In the future I am thinking about ford racing hot rod cams. The really fun part about this mustang project are that the mods are so cheap compared to the vipertruck. Long tubes with h pipe is only $679. Thats what $2k for our trucks! Surprisingly I have the only s197 mustang at my track. Its great fun to drive everyday and to race. Car pulls hard to fourth gear. Prolly will need DR's soon. Its spinning almost too much going into second now. Headers might push me past the street tire limit. Cams for sure.

Thanks for asking Silver.

patrick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back