Rotating assembly

Chuckwagon

Reaction score
Can someone suggest a few brands? Also a ball park on the cost of package and install time/cost? Thank you.

Are you talking about doing all your internals? If i would do it all over again i would get the forged kit from roe racing think its like 3000 but good for 1000hp so even if thats not your goal your set for a long time. Also im sure if you plan on pulling the motor and stuff yourself but there is a bunch of guys on here that will tell also what to replace or upgrade while your in there thats my two cents

Yes. Forged internals. Was looking at the roe.. I will not be doing this myself. Trying to get a cost on everything up front. Thanks again.

Where are you located?

Yes. Forged internals. Was looking at the roe.. I will not be doing this myself. Trying to get a cost on everything up front. Thanks again.

First you need a machine shop worthy and with some knowledge of this engine and clearances/specs, as well as having a deck plate for honing/machining a Viper V10. Next what are your future goals? Why do you want to forge? Next, you'll also consider a cam based on those goals. What about heads? Again based on goals and desired end result. They can be built from mild to wild but parts/procedures vary accordingly and therefore cost is dependant on you see as your plans for the build.NA?Turbo?SC?Dope Fed?
I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.

I bought my rotating assembly thru Sean and every thing else to go with it. You can't go wrong working with Roe Racing. Over 500 hp & trq at the rear wheel and stock heads and cam.

Last edited:
I am in rock falls Illinois. The motor is stock. But has a Paxton on it. I have read I should be ok but want to be safe....

I am in rock falls Illinois. The motor is stock. But has a Paxton on it. I have read I should be ok but want to be safe....

I would build it before it blows. Definitely get the crank keyed with ATI ballancer. Billet main caps would not hurt either. Good forged pistons & H beam rods are a must. My rebuild was just over $10K without the key or main caps. Mine needed a head & front cover so just that was $1,500. If you wait until it comes apart the cost could easily be double.
Plan your work and work your plan.

So 3-4K for parts. Ballpark on the install? Thanks for all of your responses.

Where are you located? I'm currently getting my engine rebuilt buy a known Viper shop in California . But no where near 10k

A lot depends on how much machine work the engine needs. Labor = $$$
The other problem is that you need to buy 10 or 20 of everything. Lol

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back