Rotating tires?

Fit95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to the track this weekend (road course) and now need to rotate my tires. The front end wanted to push a little and feathered the outer tread on the fronts. With the factory wheels and tires do we go front to rear on the same side or cross them? :dontknow:

Fit95 said:
I went to the track this weekend (road course) and now need to rotate my tires. The front end wanted to push a little and feathered the outer tread on the fronts. With the factory wheels and tires do we go front to rear on the same side or cross them? :dontknow:
:rock: Did mine about every 5,000/miles. That worked for about 15,000/miles, now we don't rotate them anymore........
there all the same now..:star: BALD!

Quick

QuickSilver said:
:rock: Did mine about every 5,000/miles. That worked for about 15,000/miles, now we don't rotate them anymore........
there all the same now..:star: BALD!

Quick
thats exactly what I plan to do. just rotated mine at 5k:rock: And yes it did start to feather a Bit:dontknow: does everyone experience this feathering problem.

i was always told that with radials not to x them,only front to rear on the same side.

I had it bookmarked, nice that it came in handy and help us out :) I wondered if I would ever need it.

Borden3srt said:
sometimes a tire will be slightly different from the rest and cause a pull. you can swap them side to side. this will sometimes get rid of the pull all together. i know not topic at hand, but a little additional information for everyone.

so true, its called radial pull. if you get this, rotate the fronts to the back and it should go away.

rotation

* On front wheel drive cars, rotate the tires in a forward cross pattern (fig. A) or the alternative X pattern (fig. B)
* On rear wheel or four wheel drive vehicles, rotate the tires in a rearward cross pattern (fig. C) or the alternative X pattern (fig. B)
* If your car has directional wheels or tires, rotate them as shown in fig D.
* If your car has non-directional tires that are a different size from front to rear, rotate them as shown in fig. E.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=43

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back