rotor options?

Try , ZECKHAUSEN, I run them and love them pads and rotors.stops better then stock and with almost no dust. with a great price.

went with EBC pads & rotors. next to no dust. priced with most others. great stoppin & looks great

ZCx

Are the ZECKHAUSEN's cross drilled or dimpled and are they slotted?

they just show slotted or plain rotors. thats the Zeckhausen's site

Last edited:
It's a shame that I had that rotor replacement DIY article finished and had to park it.
Oh well.

When ordering front rotors, TRIPLE-CHECK (then check once more) that they are FIFTEEN INCH rotors for the SRT-10.
Nothing sucks worse than paying huge shipping costs only to find out you have regular Ram front rotors.

For the record:
I went with the StopTech slotted rotors from Zeckhausen.

Kevan said:
It's a shame that I had that rotor replacement DIY article finished and had to park it.
Oh well.

When ordering front rotors, TRIPLE-CHECK (then check once more) that they are FIFTEEN INCH rotors for the SRT-10.
Nothing sucks worse than paying huge shipping costs only to find out you have regular Ram front rotors.

For the record:
I went with the StopTech slotted rotors from Zeckhausen.
Keven, I went with slotted rotors with Posi quiet pads from Zeckhausen.The only issue i have is a little difference in peddle feel.They stop fine on hard breaking,And i have had no noise and very little dust.Some one here was unhappy with them.What is your opinion? Oh,So you did not get to drive it at all?

I drive my truck every day.
I parked the huge pictorial/article on how to do rotor replacement after being slammed here on the forum.

The only change I noticed was that it takes 3 weeks now for my rims to get dirty....instead of the normal 3 hours. :)

The pedal was softer after the initial install, but a quick brake bleeding cured that right away.

The Zeckhausen setup (StopTech rotors + PosiQuiet pads) has been excellent. Zero complaints. And, the tech support from Dave Zeckhausen is second-to-none. I'm not sure any one person knows more about brakes. The guy is GOOD. Really good.

Four rotors on these trucks are a pretty good-sized investment for the average joe ($800 - $2000), so make sure you get the right set the first time.
Bling is nice, but how the rotors (and pads) perform is first and foremost. Gold-plated drilled rotors look like sh!t when wrapped around a telephone pole.

PERSONALLY, I know that Zeckhausen and OEM are good options. Yes- the stockers are dusty as hell, but damn do they grip! People need to remember that the SRT-10 was designed and built as a RACE VEHICLE! It's not a Camry or a Taurus. You want a race vehicle, you get racing brakes. Racing brakes take race pads....and race pads are usually dusty as hell. That's how it works.
The Zeckhausen stuff is grippy too, but not as dusty. I've only done wicked stops from 120-0 with the Zeckhausen setup, and it gripped as well as the OEM gear. During my bed-in of the new pads, I noticed that the Zeckhausen gear didn't fade as quickly as the OEM stuff. It took more vicious (80-0) stops to get them to noticeably fade.

I don't know much about the EBC gear so that info will have to come from someone else. What I have seen is that the EBC users are pretty much one extreme or the other. There are those that will praise them up and down and name children after the company; at the other end there are people who have built structures out of EBC pads only to detonate them and put the video up on YouTube. There's no real middle ground where folks say "They're pretty good.". It's usually hard left or hard right.

Shop around and find the one that's right for you.
Also, take a look at how the reviewer drives: If they're a big road course driver and all you do is drag, then their review might not be for you. It works the other way too. Daily drivers need different performance than drag racers, and road course guys need different performance than those other two. Trailer queens can put paper plates on there.

Find out what setup has worked for those that drive like you do.

Keven, that is why i asked your opinion. I drive my truck every day,Rain or shine.I push it hard sometimes,And stop hard sometimes.I like the brakes & rotors from Dave.I have had no issues. I have 47,000 miles on my truck,So you can see she is no garage queen.Thanks for taking time to talk with me about it.

No problem.

As I thought about it a bit more, I came up with this:
- OEM rotors/pads = abrupt stops.
- Zeckhausen rotors/pads = smooth stops.

The OEM stuff will try to put you through the windshield.
The Zeckhausen stuff will try too, but is smooth enough where you keep your eyeballs in their sockets.

Hopefully those descriptions work a bit better.

Kevan said:
No problem.

As I thought about it a bit more, I came up with this:
- OEM rotors/pads = abrupt stops.
- Zeckhausen rotors/pads = smooth stops.

The OEM stuff will try to put you through the windshield.
The Zeckhausen stuff will try too, but is smooth enough where you keep your eyeballs in their sockets.

Hopefully those descriptions work a bit better.
Very good,Have a safe New Years. And thanks again.

blackviper said:
Ummm...is it me or is there something wrong with the pad area of those rotors? They look....thin.

Then again, with the craptastic HTML the place is using, it's tough to tell which is an "actual photo" and which is a basic catalog pic.

$840 + $80 shipping = $920.
Not bad, but no track record (take the pun if you want it) and no mention of manufacturer.

Puff...puff.....PASS.

I went with the X-Metal front and rear setup. Cost me around a grand total,,, but overall they look and perform great.

mt18-vi.jpg

mt19-vi.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back