Sitedrifter

Reaction score
Time for rotors (fronts)

I am looking at

SP Performance
Centric or Powerslot
Dodge OEM
BrakePerformance

I want OEM quality (or a little better) but do not need all the flash of dimples (slotted or plain face is fine)

Trying to keep the $$$ in line with OEM pricing so something like EBC is to costly. I have heard Centric is good but then again, same thing with Raybestos which those lasted 5-7k before warping.

Any experience on the brands above (except Dodge) would be appreciated

Thanks

where did you buy the powerslots from and what are the part numbers? I cannot find the SRT10 application on their site.
Also, I am looking for a good vendor that will ship quick

Last edited:
I went with the Baers front And rear

According to Centric website, powerslots use the centric premium rotor blank.

I was also looking at brakeperformance.com and noticed the illustrations used for the SRT10 Ram brake rotors are exactly like the illustrations on Centric's website. In fact, Centric/powerslot part#s for our trucks end with 6704 and so does brakeperformance.com rotors.
Seems they are using centric blanks and cutting their own slots/dimples/holes and selling them. I emailed them to ask if this is accurate because if it is, then their prices for a quality product are killer.

But, as it stands now, I am torn between centric blanks and powerslots.

But I am pretty sure I am going to be using Raybestos pads as that is what is on my truck now and they perform exactly like OEM. But I may try Wagner since I hear good things about them and supposedly Raybestos is going down hill. I want OEM performance and nothing less so if you guys have used pads that give that OEM feel, let me know. (I am not concerned about dust)

Have you guys not thought about doing a hydroboost swap over from the vacuum boost?

According to Centric website, powerslots use the centric premium rotor blank.

I was also looking at brakeperformance.com and noticed the illustrations used for the SRT10 Ram brake rotors are exactly like the illustrations on Centric's website. In fact, Centric/powerslot part#s for our trucks end with 6704 and so does brakeperformance.com rotors.
Seems they are using centric blanks and cutting their own slots/dimples/holes and selling them. I emailed them to ask if this is accurate because if it is, then their prices for a quality product are killer.

But, as it stands now, I am torn between centric blanks and powerslots.

But I am pretty sure I am going to be using Raybestos pads as that is what is on my truck now and they perform exactly like OEM. But I may try Wagner since I hear good things about them and supposedly Raybestos is going down hill. I want OEM performance and nothing less so if you guys have used pads that give that OEM feel, let me know. (I am not concerned about dust)

Did they ever reply back to you about using centric as their baseline? Who did you decide to go with?

After a week or so of researching rotors that will not cause me to get ill because of the pricing. I narrowed it down to powerslots, sp performance, Brakeperformance and Centric premium rotors. All the brands are slotted except for the Centric premium which were blank. I decided against dimpled due to the noise it can produce plus I don't think it is anything more then bling for me.

Powerslots are Centric rotors with slots but $65 more per rotor then the blank Centric. SP Performance seems like a quality product and the guys at Roe Racing suggested them to me. Brakeperformance Rotors look good, price is killer and I really can't find anything bad about them on the internet. Any issue people had was quickly fixed. The only issue I really saw was one person got a pair that the zinc coating was bad and they got a new set shipped to them immediately which were perfect.

One thing I thought about was the slots rusting. I would think it would look like crap but I am not sure rust would be seen or brake dust in the slots. Just in case, I decided brakeperformance had the edge since the face/slots are zinc coated and the slots will stay coated after the pad wipes the face clean during the bedding period. Powerslots are not (from what I was able to research) coated on the face of the rotor, Sp Performance was though.

Another edge brakeperformance has is the price. $225 shipped (fronts) which after a call to them, the price was dropped to $203 shipped so I bought them. Of course a review when I get them will be made with pictures as well as a long term review will be done.

features-performance-slotted-rotors-silver.gif

Oh ok good deal man. I have been eye balling them for a minute now and still looking here and there to decide what i want to go with. I love their prices and they also warrant their stuff as well. I have fell in love with the look of the SP performance diamond slotted rotors but man they are $$ like 600 for the entire set. 150/tire. A bit steep for me at least. I am planning on buying some next week but not sure with ones just yet. If i go with breakperformance i can save about $200 bucks and pass that on to Tony cuz i need some spark plug wires. lol Let me know when you get them and how they are. Will deff be looking for the write up on them.

Oh ok good deal man. I have been eye balling them for a minute now and still looking here and there to decide what i want to go with. I love their prices and they also warrant their stuff as well. I have fell in love with the look of the SP performance diamond slotted rotors but man they are $$ like 600 for the entire set. 150/tire. A bit steep for me at least. I am planning on buying some next week but not sure with ones just yet. If i go with breakperformance i can save about $200 bucks and pass that on to Tony cuz i need some spark plug wires. lol Let me know when you get them and how they are. Will deff be looking for the write up on them.

They are due in tomorrow

I will post some pictures of them (putting them on Saturday)

Rotors got hung up in UPS. Supposedly there was adverse weather conditions during shipment. Maybe hit some BAD storms coming through Pennsy! They are now due in Tuesday to next weekend in brake job time.

Does anyone have the SP performance diamond slotted rotors.. Are they good, Bad , Do they match the claims ????

Rotors came

nicked (both of them) on the pad surfaces which some look like from QC issues and the others from shipping, or maybe all shipping since the box was beat to hell and the two inner boxes ...

I talked to brakeperformace and emailed them the pictures. Let's see what happens. Hope it is not a $203 lesson!

fullr.png

fulll.png

box2.png

box1.png

2right.png

2left.png

1right.png

1left.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!