Rough Rider

Intercool

Reaction score
Guys, I have an 06 Qc wih 3k miles on it and im having some issues with it. Last night it was idling as i was loading up a trailer and i noticed it was idling very erratically, 1500-400 and back and forth. I got in it and starting moving it around and it would barely move, just sputter and miss like mad. It did this once to me before and i figured it was bad gas, but i dont know if it is. It also seems when the engine is running decent that i have a huge vibration at around 55-60mph and usually under that speed as well. I mean the whole truck shakes and so does the steering wheel. It almost feels like the tires are squared off or out of balance, but maybe it has something to do with how rough my truck runs at times? The check engine light is on now, but i didnt pull the code yet. The last time it did this the cel light came on and it threw a code for one of the O2 circuit volt too high. Probably the same thing this time. Any help is appreciated as Im new to these gasser v-10's!

Check your code to see what it is first but the other problem some of the truck have is with the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS). It's about a $30 part that fixes it but you should still be under warranty.

IS THAT THE PLUG JUST IN FRONT OF THE THROTTLE BODY?
MINE SURGES WHEN IT'S COLD.HAD THE DEALER LOOK AT IT LAST OIL CHANGE.COULD NOT FIND ANY PROBLEMS.SAID IT DID'NT THROW ANY CODES.
MAY JUST REPLACE IT MYSELF TO SEE IF IT HELPS.IT DID'NT START DOING IT UNTIL AFTER I PUT MY CAI IN.

As far as vibration at 55 mph your tires may be flat spotted if it sat on a dealers lot like mine did...delivered to dealer in februaury and I bought it in November!!!

Hey Intercool, i've got an '06 QC also and had the same problem.

With mine it ended up being a combination of a few things.. 1. Bad Gas. 2. Not enough gas, these things are pigs and when i run it below the 1/4 mark it's just not a happy truck. 3. The damn Gas Cap was loose!!! no codes, nothing, and i'm not the kinda person to miss that :dontknow:. I checked into it being a TPS also and I just couldn't see that on a brand new truck.

What I did to fix it was to disconnect the Negative Terminal for 10 minutes and then asap fill up at my usual gas station, all the way full and then make sure to click the gas cap 4-5 times. As soon as I did this the truck cleared up fine and has been running good since then.

I'm not sure if this was a big thing, but I tried a station with 94 octane but it has Ethanol blended gas?? I don't think i'll ever try Ethanol blended again.

P0132-O2 SENSOR 1/1 CIRCUIT VOLTAGE TOO HIGH - SRT10

Thats the code she spit at me. Im going to go put some isopropyl in the tank and tighten the gas cap. I just disconnected the battery so I will see if the cel goes off. Im guessing that it will. Problem i have around here is no one runs premium in their vehicles so the gas i get is just shit gas all the time. I think the 87 would be better than the old crappy 93 that i pump in!!!

Intercool said:
P0132-O2 SENSOR 1/1 CIRCUIT VOLTAGE TOO HIGH - SRT10
Oh, well that's a differnt issue, *EDIT* Sorry for being a dumbass and not reading that in your original post :banghead:.
I got that code when I had my 02 Sensors disconnected,, lol again another problem. When i switched out my headers the stock 02 sensors were damn near welded inside the stock headers and we couldn't get them out,, even with a 24" pipe wrench. So I had no Passenger side Front 02 sensor for my drive home, and I couldn't pick one up till Monday nor could I leave my truck at my shop until Monday,,, she had a terrible idle but made it home.

1/1 should be your Passenger side Front 02 sensor. Check to see if it came loose/nicked/cut. If you want you could get it fixed under warranty, but then that would probably be a few days whereas a new sensor would be $25 and 10 minutes. It takes a 7/8's wrench. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back