Roush 427 Stage 3 Mustang

HOT RAM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just read the thread where Silverback traded in his SRT and is looking at buying a Cobra.I have been considering a Roush 427 Stage 3 Mustang .Any ideas or opinions ? EXCEPT the "screw a f'n furd" comments.I am looking for serious opinions.It is a great looking car.I am NOT wanting to trade my truck,so relax.

How fast are they ? 1/4 mile times ? Handling/ride ? Will they hold their value ? Should I make a low offer ? They don't seem to be moving well at all at local dealership.

HELP !!

Pics...info....fill a brudda in!!! :burnout: ...hope all is well bro!!:D

All is fairly good.Feel awful,but otherwise ok.
Can't post picks yet.It is black with silver stripes and supercharged,5-speed.Wicked looking car.

Stinker said:
http://www.roushperformance.com/mustang_427r.shtml

hopped up supercharged tang, bling bling, they got a white one in belmont nc, pretty good looking car, but gonna be slow if that matters:dontknow:

Guess I'll go back to looking at Vettes.Did you sell yours ?

I like the 01-04 Z06's and the new C6's .Maybe a newer C6 convertible in Arctic White with red interior ? AND a supercharger !

walenator said:
You should be looking at Vipers. Palmare Dodge in Ga. had two new on the floor.

I would love to be able to look at Vipers,but at 6'2" and over 350 lbs,I can't begin to fit in one.Tried several and couldn't get the door shut :mad:

Vettes are snug,but not uncomfortable.

HOT RAM said:
Guess I'll go back to looking at Vettes.Did you sell yours ?

I like the 01-04 Z06's and the new C6's .Maybe a newer C6 convertible in Arctic White with red interior ? AND a supercharger !

not yet bro, all new sittin and waitin for a new home:rock:

HOT RAM said:
I think 350 to the wheels 427 at the crank.I THINK :dontknow:
427hp. Supercharged 4.6liter 3 valve V8.

Expensive, and really not that fast considering the price.

IMO, better off buying a used '03/'04 Terminator Cobra.:rock:

If you're bent on a new style Mustang, for that pricetag, look for a Shelby GT500.
I would think by now the dealers are getting tired of them sitting on showroom floors with rediculous markups.

I'd almost rather build my own Mustang.....

The many boutique modded Mustangs for Sale are so expensive that it's better (IMO) to get a stock MustangGT and a Paxton.... add a few extras and save yerself about 10 grand......

I'm not sure I like all that body molding they schmook on there anyway....

With the money you save, you can do lots of brake and suspension mods that'll make it better than the Roush anyway..... Why put all that gross profit in their pockets.....? Unless you're just a rabid philanthropist looking for a worthwhile cause......

If so, contact me via PM...........

D

I ran a 427 Stage 3 from a dig and pulled away easy to 60 because he was spinning the entire time. From a roll he only pulled a little bit.

Bang for the buck, get the Z06... Mine pulls hard down low, and only gets harder as the rpms rise. You will NOT be disappointed by any means. Add a small shot (100-150) and you're in the mid to low 11s with very little money invested and reliable transportation. Not to mention the gas mileage is GREAT! Normally I get 18 in the city and 28-30 on the highway in the Z06. My .02

BigBlackQC said:
I ran a 427 Stage 3 from a dig and pulled away easy to 60 because he was spinning the entire time. From a roll he only pulled a little bit.

Bang for the buck, get the Z06... Mine pulls hard down low, and only gets harder as the rpms rise. You will NOT be disappointed by any means. Add a small shot (100-150) and you're in the mid to low 11s with very little money invested and reliable transportation. Not to mention the gas mileage is GREAT! Normally I get 18 in the city and 28-30 on the highway in the Z06. My .02

Only prob I have with the Z06 is that by the time yer done, yer at (what) 75-80k....?

Damn, save yer money for a true exotic...........No?

D

Get the stripped Vette and out run the Roush for about the same money or a loaded Z-51 and have a car you will love to drive everyday.
My 06 is the best Vette I have ever owned and is not hard to get in and out of like my 03 was or not to mention my 94 which was a POS.
It runs decent as is. (mid 12's) and you put a paxton style blower on it and it will get a lot more serious and still get mid 20 mpg on the hwy.Mine gets 28mpg.Son has a four cylinder Toyota that gets 27 :D
The 03-04 terminator Stang is tho only one to have other than the Shelby cause you can put serious power in them fairly cheap as they already have the internals to stand a lot more boost.
The Roush will not as it is a almost stock block I believe and would not handle 15+ lbs of boost like the 03-04.
The Vette all the way !
They are not the same class of vehicle even if it is just a plastic chevy

Talked to a friend of mine today that test drove both a Roush and a Shelby.The Roush handled better but the Shelby felt WAY more powerful according to him.

I had a 2000 Vette with the Z51 ,6-speed,HUD,magnesium wheels,and it was very much like a Z06 since it was the FRC (fixed roof coupe) .

I drove several 03-04 Z06's and loved them.Just couldn't get the price where I wanted it.I actually prefer the C5 styling over the C6,except the convertible ('cause it has the straight down rear window,I HATE those long sloping windows).

I still have to sell my bike in order to do this without going in debt.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back