Royal Purple 10w-40

ViperPowa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody try Royal Purple 10w-40 in thier SRT-10 yet? Wondering how you like it since I'm thinking of going with this before racing this weekend. Seems the Mobile1 just breaks down too fast, or maybe it's just me. I know some guys are switching over to the Euro spec Pennzoil, but I dunno if I wanna go there yet. I was in between redline, RP, or just staying with the M1.

I used the RP 10W-40 in my truck with no problems. In hotter weather, some guys run 15W-50. I did this during the summer and it seemed to run smoother.

The RP is fine.....I have used it many times....but costs $10+ more per oil change than Mobil 1.......and I doubt very much it will make any difference 100,000 miles from now.....;)

I ran RP 40 and 20w50 last summer. the 20w50 quieted it some but not as much as I expected. I switched to Valvoline 15w50 Racing synthetic and it quieted a bunch so I've just stuck with that cause of my old racing days but it's a pain in the ass to get, but still cheaper than RP.
I'm pretty much with everyone else, don't think it'll make a bit of difference in the long run if you change your oil regularly. But the 50 certainly makes a big difference in engine noise. But there are those who say that the 50 makes a difference in revs and horsepower, though small.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back