RP Oil , tstat and oil use??

kpracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK which oil should I change to I want to run RP they have 5-20 5-30 10-30 10-40. but no 0-40 :(

Also anyone have part # for tstat form dodge, AutoZone or pep boys don’t matter.

I posted way back when my truck had 4000 mils on that it was using oil Dodge have done oil consuming tests on until now almost 15000 miles

what they came up with is that it is using oil 3-4 quarts in 3000 miles but DC says that normal oil use is 3 quarts in 3000 miles and since it is not over 4 quarts in 3000 miles it is normal
I’m done dealing with DC :dontknow: I’m doing a SC anyway this summer and im going to run it for about 1 year then do my engine right :rock:
It is just kind of sad I have the 7 year warranty on the truck do anyone know if I can cancel it and get $ back for remaining time.
I did that on a toy hauler I had ,with no problem
Thanks

I changed my fluids to Royal Purple. I ised 10-30 this is what RP told me to use in my climate this time of year but in the summer use 10-40. I also changed the rear end and the trans all to royal purple. I am pleased so far!

i used 1 qt to 1.5 qts in 3000 miles. switched to Amsoil 5w-40, took oil samples & moved oil changes out to 7500 miles, with a filter change about half way through. no oil useage. so changin brands might help also. found out this week that Shell now has a full synthic oil, Rotella T 5w-40. if its as good as their 15w-40 will change to that.

KP I use 10-30W Royal Purple.....and I'm in Bakersfield. Are you still in Bakersfield?

Yes im in bakersfield :( lol

i might start with 10-40 sinch it is not cold here.
I found it at pep boys for $6.99 a Q that looks like a great price

RP causes valve train wear more than most synths... :eek: not starting a fight hear. I have heard this through a few credible sources. :dontknow:

OK now I don’t know :dontknow: I was going to change it this weekend.
I had only read positive things about it .:confused:
Do anyone know if it is bad for the valve train????:(

First I have seen that RP causes VT wear...I plan on using RP next oil change based on what I have read on many forums over the past 2 yrs..

about 10 years ago RP hit the bike scene, then at that time, it would foam up some, and also it was too thin and cause a ton of damage to alot of racers.

From what I understand all that was taken care of , something in the additives they used.

but personally have never heard of anything in the auto world on RP

I use rp 10w30 and use no oil between changes of 6k miles. I drive it easy and a lot of highway driving. And 15.2 mpg!
Those that are using a little oil should try lucas oil treatment. The same product is also called hi-tac. It will thicken up the oil some but provides a nice film protection for cold, dry startups.

RP is not a true Synthetic.... meaning it is not 100% synthetic.

I recently found this out. That being said, I never had any problems running it on my 400+ hp Sti...

I have used Mobil 1, Amsoil, and RP... Can't say I have a fave...

anyone use Eneos or other of the Higher end Japanese Sythetic oils? Some people swear by them on High Output motors.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back