Rs gear tranzilla for our trucks?

Dm911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

My gearbox make many noise,i think is the end for it....

if i remplace it,i'm looking for an upgraded gearbox with short 5th and 6th gear ratio....

what do you think about the rs gear tranzilla gearbox?

this is a serious company?

or if you have an other solution for me,i take it :rock:

thanks

JC

That is a very serious company, with a good reputation. I would reccomend their transmissions, however feel you do not need anything that crazy. I would consider just rebuilding what you have with better parts.

Hi all,

My gearbox make many noise,i think is the end for it....

if i remplace it,i'm looking for an upgraded gearbox with short 5th and 6th gear ratio....

what do you think about the rs gear tranzilla gearbox?

this is a serious company?

or if you have an other solution for me,i take it :rock:

thanks

JC

What is your trans doing/not doing?

Rockland standard gear offers a rebuild kit for our 56...Turns it into a tranzilla basically, but if your not rebuilding yourself with parts and labor (being over seas) you might be close to the price of the whole unit new!!

Rockland standard gear offers a rebuild kit for our 56...Turns it into a tranzilla basically, but if your not rebuilding yourself with parts and labor (being over seas) you might be close to the price of the whole unit new!!

link to said rebuild kit?

My gearbox have a bearing ball's noise,the gears crack and difficult to change it....(i don't if is the right word in english :rock:) and 5th, 6th too long.....

the clutch and sleeve have 10000miles and the truck 50000miles

Last edited:
My gearbox have a bearing ball's noise,the gears crack and difficult to change it....(i don't if is the right word in english :rock:) and 5th, 6th too long.....

Have you bled your hydraulics? Water/air in hydraulics will make it tough to shift! You didn't say a particular gear issue so it sounds like difficulty with all gears? That would lead to hydraulics issues (master/slave cylinder).
You do mention noises, that could be your throwout bearing or pilot bearing sir. You may not need the Trans rebuild you think!
Try starting with a bleed and notice if you see brake fluid leaking around transmission/bell housing area.
We can rebuild your Trans with upgraded internals, new synchronizers, pads, and the shorter ratio 5th & 6th gears :)
Please don't hesitate to give me a PM or call.
Scott
V1Racing

Have you bled your hydraulics? Water/air in hydraulics will make it tough to shift! You didn't say a particular gear issue so it sounds like difficulty with all gears? That would lead to hydraulics issues (master/slave cylinder).
You do mention noises, that could be your throwout bearing or pilot bearing sir. You may not need the Trans rebuild you think!
Try starting with a bleed and notice if you see brake fluid leaking around transmission/bell housing area.
We can rebuild your Trans with upgraded internals, new synchronizers, pads, and the shorter ratio 5th & 6th gears :)
Please don't hesitate to give me a PM or call.
Scott
V1Racing

hello Scott,

the hydraulic oil have 10000miles when i change the clutch sleeve,i remplace hydraulic oil dot 3 by dot 4,
i think is the outpout ball bearing make the noise because i can move the drive shaft,
and over 3000 rpm i have difficult to change gear,the 1st and 3rd crack every time when i change gear quikly....

in Belgium,is difficult to find some american parts,is for this reason i prefer remplace my gearbox by a remforced new one and change the clutch with sleeve too

my email : [email protected]

thank you,

JC

hello Scott,

the hydraulic oil have 10000miles when i change the clutch sleeve,i remplace hydraulic oil dot 3 by dot 4,
i think is the outpout ball bearing make the noise because i can move the drive shaft,
and over 3000 rpm i have difficult to change gear,the 1st and 3rd crack every time when i change gear quikly....

in Belgium,is difficult to find some american parts,is for this reason i prefer remplace my gearbox by a remforced new one and change the clutch with sleeve too

my email : [email protected]

thank you,

JC

Email sent sir! Sound like synchronizers and bearings for sure. I still think you should try to bleed to make sure no air in the lines! I try to bleed each oil change as brake fluid deteriorates quickly depending on driving and weather.

The correct word is "grind" :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back