Runnin Lean

jimmyg79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finaly got the AEM wideband in the truck and I'm getting a reading of 16-18 at idle, 14-16 at cruise and 13-14 when I get on it. What's the deal with it being so lean, is it normal with the B&G Stage II ECU? Whatever it is, I need to get this thing to run a little richer before I give er the juice.

i hear to be safe you should not drop below 11 with the spray .. if you see 11 get off the spray

If you are running a wet shot, your N/A AFR can be anything . The wet shot will enrichen it. Start with a 54 and a 35 fuel START

A/F at idle will jump around between 14.6-15.2. At cruising it will be right around the same, but tends to jump around a little bit more. The PCM is always adjusting to stay at 14.6 during closed loop. You can not do anything to make it run any richer during closed loop unless you reprogram the PCM (I don't recomend this). Now on at WOT (open loop) all bets are off that's what you can control. For a N/A engine 12.8 to 13.0 is good and for FI it is safe to run 11.5 to11.8 as a rule of thumb. I figure it would be the same for the Nitrous as well. Remember leaner is "meaner" makes you more power, but richer is "safer" not as much power. The is a fine line as we all know with the recent engine failures. Remember you gotta pay to play in one way or another.

When ever you're putting power adders i.e. (flashed PCM's, FI, Nitrous) I would recomend that you install a wide band A/F meter. It could save you from going BOOM!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back