Running Boards

Hate them.....but mine is lowered. I'd agree with BlackV and the style he showed you, once they were up and hidden, I'd disconnect so they were never seen again :) The ability to paint them to match would be conveinent however. Did I mention I'm not a fan of steps or pushbars on these trucks, but then again, it's your beast and yours to upgrade as you see fit. Once done post some pic's ....perhaps I will change my mind.

I don't think side steps or nerf bars look that great on our truck... Kinda messes with the lines...

I understand that it is a bitch to get in and out of these trucks and my wife hates it, especially when she has a skirt on. My son is a little too small to get in and out on his own at this height also.

I would like to lower the truck, I know it would do wonders for getting in and out of the it. I always use the sissy handle to climb in and out so I don't wear the leather out on the seat sliding across. If I lower the truck I will have to worry about the front air dam scraping (it is already pretty low)

With that being said... I will just suffer through it because I like the way it looks without the steps. If I had to pick I would get the ones that slide in so they are not visible all the time.

Just my thoughts and opinions...

Paul

amtrucker22 said:
I don't think side steps or nerf bars look that great on our truck... Kinda messes with the lines...

I understand that it is a bitch to get in and out of these trucks and my wife hates it, especially when she has a skirt on. My son is a little too small to get in and out on his own at this height also.

I would like to lower the truck, I know it would do wonders for getting in and out of the it. I always use the sissy handle to climb in and out so I don't wear the leather out on the seat sliding across. If I lower the truck I will have to worry about the front air dam scraping (it is already pretty low)

With that being said... I will just suffer through it because I like the way it looks without the steps. If I had to pick I would get the ones that slide in so they are not visible all the time.

Just my thoughts and opinions...

Paul

Just lower it and be careful with the air dam.

I think that you WILL have issues with fitment.

The body panels on the doors may be in the way of those steps fitting correctly.

Lower it, it looks much better!

+1 :dontknow:
WAZZSUP said:
Hate them.....but mine is lowered. I'd agree with BlackV and the style he showed you, once they were up and hidden, I'd disconnect so they were never seen again :) The ability to paint them to match would be conveinent however. Did I mention I'm not a fan of steps or pushbars on these trucks, but then again, it's your beast and yours to upgrade as you see fit. Once done post some pic's ....perhaps I will change my mind.

Mopar has a small one foot retractable step. I going to put a pair on my dads RumbleBee for him some day.

I told my wife that the only reason I lowered the truck was to make it easier for her to get in and out.

It has worked on the Volvo and the SRT 10!

Prof said:
I told my wife that the only reason I lowered the truck was to make it easier for her to get in and out.

It has worked on the Volvo and the SRT 10!
What was your reason for the SC?:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back