running leaded fuel???

FerrariTruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anybody have a promblem running leaded fuel in their truck?

I bought a 5 gal of 110 (yellow can) this past sat and added about half into the truck with a half tank.

Now the truck is acting a lil funny. It will idle really low and sometimes sounds like it will cut off. I think i may have ruined my 02 sensors(aem included) :(

FerrariTruck said:
anybody have a promblem running leaded fuel in their truck?

I bought a 5 gal of 110 (yellow can) this past sat and added about half into the truck with a half tank.

Now the truck is acting a lil funny. It will idle really low and sometimes sounds like it will cut off. I think i may have ruined my 02 sensors(aem included) :(
More than likely Fredo:( might have got your cats too!! ( if ya have any)

Yep, lead will eat the O2 sensors and damage cats from the start......usually the sensors will last for 1,000s of miles but the cats go quick.........though the sensors can go fast too....I have a friend that owns a 06 Corvette...he stopped on his way to the track an pumped 110 in his tank...drove 5 miles and the car quit...sensors were shot..

02 sensors are most likely gone . It would take more than a tank or two to kill the cats. I was killing the 02s immediately with the 111 fuel i was running. If you try to diagnose it any further you might find the the 02s are still working just not working correctly. Are you dumping fuel at idle?

OSO said:
02 sensors are most likely gone . It would take more than a tank or two to kill the cats. I was killing the 02s immediately with the 111 fuel i was running. If you try to diagnose it any further you might find the the 02s are still working just not working correctly. Are you dumping fuel at idle?

No its running ok according to the wide band. even the a/f is like 14-15 at idle which is what it was before the fuel...My ehaust tip are frosty white from the lead im guessing...:argh:

Im sure like you said the o2s are working still but just are giving delayed readings due to the lead covering em up if not clogging...

my cats are safe in the attic for now:p

FerrariTruck said:
No its running ok according to the wide band. even the a/f is like 14-15 at idle which is what it was before the fuel...My ehaust tip are frosty white from the lead im guessing...:argh:

Im sure like you said the o2s are working still but just are giving delayed readings due to the lead covering em up if not clogging...

my cats are safe in the attic for now:p
Even after 70+ gallons of 111 straight my cats were clean but the attic is better place for them any way:) Well if your going to continue to use it i still have 45 gallons in the garage you can finish off:D

If you're planning on making a habit of that, you can always install lead-safe O2's. Either Bosch or NGK makes them, last I looked.

Ram From Hell said:
If you're planning on making a habit of that, you can always install lead-safe O2's. Either Bosch or NGK makes them, last I looked.

no i guess not. I didnt read what i was buying to closely. didnt see that it was leaded fuel till i was going home. But if screwed up my o2's then i might just get those sensors you mentioned.

OSO said:
Even after 70+ gallons of 111 straight my cats were clean but the attic is better place for them any way:) Well if your going to continue to use it i still have 45 gallons in the garage you can finish off:D

45gallons, yeah I can use that...Maybe not for the srt but i have lil 454 that would love it:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back