Russian wanting to buy my truck

chase

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I need help. A noob from the Alley is wanting to buy my truck. He is from Russia. He had a Russian female business partner in New York call me to ask some questions. Things seem legit so far but I am wary. What should I look out for and what form of payment should I accept. Any advice you can give would be appreciated. I don't want to be "taken." Thanks in advance guys (and gals).

Chase

what about truck not released till funds have cleared???????

thats how i sold my car on ebay

just make sure that no matter what form of payment they use ,,,wait for it to clear funds before you let them have it ,,,stick with a large name payment form ,,,like paypal western union ,,chase bank ...dont foget cashier checks can easily be fake

yep thats pretty straight forward... or use a company that will act as a midle man i forget what they are called .. but they receive his check hold it you take your truck to them..they inspect it whatever . tell the customer what they see... the customer says ok ill take it.. the company than pays you the money and takes the truck from u and ships it... .. i think you can find them on ebay ..

I have spoken with a lady about this 2x on the phone. They are wanting me to email them my bank wire transfer info so they can send money. The bank account associated with the truck has no line of credit or funds in it...it is just a loan for the truck. But I would have to give them my name and address and bank routing #. The bank said I do not have to give them my account number.

go through an escrow agency if you're really concerned... I wonder if the funds don't clear if you can just report it stolen?... with that said make sure you have a contract of some sort in writing... actually now that I think about it ... that may work out better for you :p lololol <that's a joke btw ;) >

Thanks for the advice guys. They want to do a bank wire transfer and my bank seems to think that is fool proof. Here is the link to their website. What do you all think?

www.autoprivoz.com

I think that if they are going to do a bank wire transfer and your bank is handling it you should be ok. Your bank can probably put the money in a holding account instead of giving them your account number.

Be careful. I sniff ID theft, or worse. Make sure your bank is on board fully and understands what to do -- and make sure your account data does not get passed off. Personnely I would like to see cash (and not Russian Rubbles) pass my hands. My $0.02 worth.

There was a scam a while back where you would get sent a check. You cash it with your account number on the back. Next thing you know your account is empty. One of my banks that I use actually writes extra numbers on the back of checks that I cash to help prevent this. BTW how much are they offering for your truck?

I just sold my truck to a guy over seas. Paypal a deposit and then do a wire transfer. BTW dont give it away. These guys overseas are already getting a hefty discount due to the exchange rate:D :D

chase said:
I have spoken with a lady about this 2x on the phone. They are wanting me to email them my bank wire transfer info so they can send money. The bank account associated with the truck has no line of credit or funds in it...it is just a loan for the truck. But I would have to give them my name and address and bank routing #. The bank said I do not have to give them my account number.

Your joking right???:dontknow:

:mad: :mad: DON'T, DON'T, DON'T!!!:mad: :mad: They will have your routing number and access to your account... Have your bank handle the sale if it is financed.

Sorry, I live in EBAY and these scams run all the time!!!:banghead:

A NOOB? From Russia. Contact is in NY...?:dontknow:

Have them bring CASH when they pick it up...:bebored:

The Itch said:
Sorry, I live in EBAY and these scams run all the time!!!:banghead:

A NOOB? From Russia. Contact is in NY...?:dontknow:

Have them bring CASH when they pick it up...:bebored:
Ditto!!!!!!!!
Have them wire the money to the lady and she can hand you the cash!

I get wire transfers all the time. Yes you have to give them your routing number! Its he only way to complete the transaction! they cannot withdraw any $$ only deposit it. I always get Id of the people such as a copy of their passsport or DL. If your concerned just contact your bank and they will re assure you:D

BTW CASH WORKS TOO... Just make sure you check the bills:D

Last edited:
Since it would be an International transaction you could ask a bank to do a letter of credit transaction. They would deposit the money at the bank and you would deliver the truck to the export broker or carrier. The broker would give you shipping papers (waybill) which you present to the bank and they release the funds to you and release the truck to the shipper to give to the buyer. This is the way most international transactions are done for product. I did this years ago with a shipment to Cuba thru Canada.
The Cubans were pissed off because thier consulate had to pay before they could claim the merchandize. The bank would not let the shipper release to the Cubans until it had the money. The Cubans wanted it delivered to the ship in port first so they could could ripe us off. The letter of credit prevented the deal from going sour and everyone ended up with what they made a deal for. The costs are paid by the buyer. Another Company didn't do this and had to wait years for payment and wound up settling for a lesser amount. There's no such thing as a hand shake deal anymore.

nycstev said:
I get wire transfers all the time. Yes you have to give them your routing number! Its he only way to complete the transaction! they cannot withdraw any $$ only deposit it. I always get Id of the people such as a copy of their passsport or DL. If your concerned just contact your bank and they will re assure you:D

BTW CASH WORKS TOO... Just make sure you check the bills:D

Hard to get that info to Indiana from RUSSIA via a contact in NY...?:dontknow:

Hey, since your in NY maybe you could broker the deal for him???:dontknow: $$$?

Smells like tuna to me...:(

Thanks for all the comments guys. I might just bail on the deal. I settled on a price less than I wanted any way. For anyone interested, I was going to sell it for to him for $27,250.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back