Sae vs ...

FASTFOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had my truck on the dyno and put down some sad numbers:dontknow:
The dyno they are using is called Dyno Dynamics Australia.
My question is after the runs they told me that to achieve SAE numbers you use this formula ( hp x 13 % + base hp)
i.e. (348.4 x 13 % =45.3 + 348.4 = 393.7 SAE RWHP
Is this correct???:dontknow: :dontknow:

You're gonna hear tons of different numbers , but basically the QC's run around 400-420rwhp, dont even bother with dyno's , they all read differently, they should be used jsut for tuning.
So dont worry about the numbers bro, run it at the track, that tells the real numbers

U r n Carolina right? Be great to meet and see yours run!

Chef-Greg said:
U r n Carolina right? Be great to meet and see yours run!

LOLOL she stays on blocks more than rubber:D

but gonna try to have the air ride and four link on for the Panama GTG, you need to come down.

and yeppers jsut above gastonia, right pas lincolnton

Hey Stink, I'm in Statesville tonite and tomorrow doing invetory checks at the Camping World store in Statesville and Colfax.

Stinker said:
You're gonna hear tons of different numbers , but basically the QC's run around 400-420rwhp, dont even bother with dyno's , they all read differently, they should be used jsut for tuning.
So dont worry about the numbers bro, run it at the track, that tells the real numbers

....of course when you post 1,000+ HP it doesnt matter whether it is 1,055 or 1,085....:p ..............but I agree from much experience with the SRT8s....dont read a lot into dynos....they are good for tuning...not bragging...that is reserved for the track...;)

TNVIPER said:
....of course when you post 1,000+ HP it doesnt matter whether it is 1,055 or 1,085....:p ..............but I agree from much experience with the SRT8s....dont read a lot into dynos....they are good for tuning...not bragging...that is reserved for the track...;)

LOLOL exactly:D I dont have control over my sig anymore tho:dontknow: :p seems a certain moderator likes to change it for me:D who knows what will be there tommorrow:p

FATJACK said:
Hey Stink, I'm in Statesville tonite and tomorrow doing invetory checks at the Camping World store in Statesville and Colfax.

Dang bo, wish I had known! I am supposed to leave out tommorrow, but if not I'll holla:D

FATJACK said:
Hope I can meet you in Panama City..
I lived in Santa Rosa Beach for 14 years just about 25 miles west of Pan City.
Where, When & Love to go back & visit.
Hey Stinker Info for the GTG?

Greg, will you be at the BRE Dyno Day on the 26th? I think my wife and I are going to try to make it, we both could use a little tuning and I know some of the RX7 guys that will be there. It would be cool to meet another towtruck owner.

Stinker said:

Exactly, the numbers can be quite different; dyno itself, operator, tire pressure, software, dyno to dyno etc. etc.
Some guys get really bummed (or over confident) when they get their numbers.
M.P.H. at the track will tell the tale.

In my opinion, anything that 1/4s 100 m.p.h. and up is a lot of fun.

labontecsi said:
Greg, will you be at the BRE Dyno Day on the 26th? I think my wife and I are going to try to make it, we both could use a little tuning and I know some of the RX7 guys that will be there. It would be cool to meet another towtruck owner.

It's on my Calander!
Be great to meet up then maybe buy you & your wife a beer or something afterwards.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back