San Diego Vacation Questions

sirhc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wedding anniversary is coming up next weekend and the wife wants to take a quick trip to San Diego. Anyone in the area have any recommendations of where I should stay or what I should see while out there. Probably fly in Friday and leave Sunday.

Thanks all,

Chris

I have only been there once. All I can say is eat as much seafood as you can:eating: :eating: :eating:

Hotel Del, no question at all. Especially for something like an anniversary. Plan on spending one night in the gaslamp district. Lots of restaurants, shops, and clubs. The zoo is always a laid back way of spending the day, shouldn't be too crowded. There are also some great tours in the area, mostly boat, but there are these pretty cool amphibious bus tours.

Just stay out of TJ and things will go great hehe.

They only have rooms available in the beach village, I was just on their site. Are these prices worth the stay, I dont mind paying for a nice room if its worth it. What about La Valencia Hotel?

Thanks everyone

Not sure what they are charging for those rooms, but it is one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at and I have stayed at some great hotels like the Marriott Marquis, Marriott WTC, Plaza, Waldorf, etc. The views are great and the overall experience is fantastic.

Hotel Del is world class, La Valencia in La Jolla is very elegant......

What Bob said also.............

La Costa is nice but a little pricier than the Del or La Valencia.

La Meridian in Coronado is very nice also.

Lows Hotel & Resort on the Strand is nice......

Heck, Sleezy 8 on I8 is cheaper but lacks the ambviance........

I live here but I don't know shit about the hotels..... Never stayed in one....

But this is a great place to vacation........... That's why I live here.....

I do hope you have a great time in our town.........

D

Django said:
I live here but I don't know shit about the hotels..... Never stayed in one....

But this is a great place to vacation........... That's why I live here.....

I do hope you have a great time in our town.........

D
Maybe they could stay with you ???? ;)

Then we could all come down and meet them and have a FL style GTG :dontknow: :D :D :D :D BWAHAHAHAH J/K ;)

Wifey said:

Then we could all come down and meet them and have a FL style GTG :dontknow: :D :D :D :D BWAHAHAHAH J/K ;)

Maybe 25 yrs ago I might have been up for that...............

D

Wifey said:

Thanks for looking out for me ;)

Del Coronado beach village would be $1200 for two night in the cheapest room. Im flying for free so that will save me a few dollars. I have a few friends that live in the area, they just moved out for work. I will actually be picking up a new account set in the LA area next month. I have never been to California so it will be a new thing for me.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back