Say goodbye to Firefox, Hello to "Google Chrome"

They should have just bought Firefox if they wanted into the fight. Knowing google, it will probably be a very good product, but it's taken years for Mozilla to really start taking a decent market share, I think it will be a long road for this. With that said, I'm looking forward to seeing it, hope they have a Mac version right off the bat.

OCBob said:
They should have just bought Firefox if they wanted into the fight. Knowing google, it will probably be a very good product, but it's taken years for Mozilla to really start taking a decent market share, I think it will be a long road for this. With that said, I'm looking forward to seeing it, hope they have a Mac version right off the bat.

They are still working on the mac version... I think this will take off faster than firefox... goog is the biggest name on the net.

People will flock... to google.. just like Apple does not make bad products.... ever. If they love the brand they love the products, because in the end, most of society are sheep and always will be.

Last edited:
KINGMADE said:
just like Apple does not make bad products.... ever.

I might argue that with the new iPods that block video playback from non-Apple-licensed products. ...and they go on about Microsoft's dirty tricks.:mad:

Ram From Hell said:
I might argue that with the new iPods that block video playback from non-Apple-licensed products. ...and they go on about Microsoft's dirty tricks.:mad:
Probably a way around that, there is hack software for most things Mac hehehe. I know that there are great hacks for Apple TV, (still want one bad). But I agree that Apple shouldn't even bother blocking things like that. Keep selling a good product and keep your customers happy and you will have much better satisfaction and retention than if you force them into your products.

Well, I am using Chrome.

I have to say that so far, it does seem to be very fast.

I will let you know more as I use it.

ntw0rk said:
Well, I am using Chrome.

I have to say that so far, it does seem to be very fast.

I will let you know more as I use it.

I'm giving it a try too.. FAST and clean but I'm still trying to figure out how to have all of my bookmarks parked on the left side of the page like Firefox. Any suggestions?

ohiosrt10 said:
I'm giving it a try too.. FAST and clean but I'm still trying to figure out how to have all of my bookmarks parked on the left side of the page like Firefox. Any suggestions?

Haven't gotten that far yet....

But, DAMN! It really is FAST!

Ctrl+b will bring up the Bookmarks menu bar. My imported Firefox bookmarks were in a folder called Other bookmarks, so I drug them onto the menu bar, and deleted the other folder. Doesn't look like the option is there to have it stay up like in Firefox...

Using it...liking it...

Anyone been able to get a Stumble logo into the top bar?

Doesn't seem to be very customizable. That is a major downfall in my book...

ntw0rk said:
Doesn't seem to be very customizable. That is a major downfall in my book...

I agree, although I think that's what they are going for. I just started using it and so far it does seem fast and clean, but miss my customness of firefox. Guess we'll see. I definitely like more than IE. IE seems to cluttered to me.

Remember this is just the beta edition...I am in hopes that the customization will come as the software is critiqued over the next several months...is is very quick as is.

Spell check seems a little light...not as robust as Firefox...but that may be for speed...

Prof said:
Spell check seems a little light...not as robust as Firefox...but that may be for speed...

Give it a break will ya - next they will install a frickin thesari thingy on there :D

they didn't even test it against Opera.............My favorite browser but it doesn't do auto complete. So I customize the shit out of firefox to make it more like opera.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back