SC on 710HP Viper ?

Floor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've asked Sean already but what do you guys think?
Could we fit a ROE on this baby ?:rock:
IMG_1623.jpg

we need a good take off next season.
Belgium is proud to host the 2009 world championships speed waterskiracing.:rock:

Most pilots have twin outboards thus the advantage of fast take-off during the first round when tha water is calm. After a couple round the roughness is in the favour of the heavier inboard racers...

My brother (the proud owner) was asking if it would be usefull.
Any SC will do.

Suggestions boys !!

IMG_1622.jpg

Floor said:
we need a good take off next season.
Belgium is proud to host the 2009 world championships speed waterskiracing.:rock:

Most pilots have twin outboards thus the advantage of fast take-off during the first round when tha water is calm. After a couple round the roughness is in the favour of the heavier inboard racers...

My brother (the proud owner) was asking if it would be usefull.
Any SC will do.

Suggestions boys !!

IMG_1622.jpg
pro charger or turbo

Here's a suggestion for your brother. Don Hampton is the man and has put blowers on Viper motors before...talk about bad ass, this would be badass. I was going to put one of these on my truck...back when I had more money than brains....Ok, well not that much, but a Hell of alot more than I do now...LOL!!!

http://www.hamptonblowers.com/

Or you could buy a Roe lower instake and plate buy a 8.3 whipple install a intercooler and rework the plates............. boom enough air there!

May want to check the specs before you get started.

I heard those boat engines have slightly higher compression than ours. Don't think they forged the bottom ends? But i never looked that far into them. They are OUTRAGEOUSLY EXPENSIVE.

SHU

SHU-DOG said:

I heard those boat engines have slightly higher compression than ours. Don't think they forged the bottom ends? But i never looked that far into them. They are OUTRAGEOUSLY EXPENSIVE.

SHU

Just checked ILMOR MARINE website. They spec 10/1 still. So they must do head work to get to 710.

On a side note. Anyone checked into seeing if we can get those pulley like they have on the Ilmore Engines? Ilmor wont sell them separately to public.

Any boat company owners wannah look into it??????????

SHU-DOG said:

SHU
9.6 to 1

Texas Yellow Fever said:
Here's a suggestion for your brother. Don Hampton is the man and has put blowers on Viper motors before...talk about bad ass, this would be badass. I was going to put one of these on my truck...back when I had more money than brains....Ok, well not that much, but a Hell of alot more than I do now...LOL!!!

http://www.hamptonblowers.com/
this is the blower worth looking into:rock:

Sure it can be done. It is just a function of design, time and money.

Easy.

Doing +100 mhp already ... easily.
Seaworthy?:dontknow: as long as it's canalworthy it's fine for us.
For offshore it's probably to small (21 ft) to cope with the (big) waves...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back