SCOOP ATTACHMENT.

GILMO'S10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done anything with the cheesy little plastic bolts and caps under the hood holding the scoop plate? When I put my scoop emblem on I thought about taking the whole thing off to do it.I turned one of the nuts on the plastic thread and the thing just broke off in two!Dont really look up too much when I pop the hood,but really want to fix this someday.Any thoughts or has someone come up with a nice cover for this?? Justin,Boomer New product idea!!:dontknow: :rock: :rock: :rock:

I've been patiently waiting for a CF version. I took a direct bird hit to the scoop. Both bird and scoop died instantly......:p

Chuck B said:
I've been patiently waiting for a CF version. I took a direct bird hit to the scoop. Both bird and scoop died instantly......:p

If you didn't have a grill in the scoop, you coulda had DINNER! :dontknow: :D

I took off the grill, to accomplish that I had to remove the entire scoop piece to grind off the tabs.
Talk about a PITA! There are three tabs in the front part, two of which are not accessible (to my knowledge). I then had to touch up with black paint where I ground off the tabs.

Looks very aggressive and all the cool SC stuff shows through the hole, but lately I've been paranoid about large objects flying in, birds making a nest, or punks stuffing something in it.

However the tabs are gone and I'm SOL until I find another piece. If I can't find one I'll have to back it with wiremesh or something.

Wont grow old, I think you might have to replace the piece to get it back to stock form, let me know if you get lucky locating a source...

picture:

IMG_0441.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back