sct or b&g stage 2

''500hp''

Full Access Member
Reaction score
which one is there a differance ?? please comment also ive heard that the stage 2 is tough on the tranny do i have to get a 170 t stat the handle the lower temps with both prouducts

More flexability with the SCT and yes on the t-stat

if you send off your ecm you will gain a bit more than a flash tune ,,,with a flash tuner you can go back to stock anytime you want and you can read and remove codes ,,6 of one ,half dozen of another ,,,big yes on thermo

The SCT only stores tunes...you could put the stage 2 tune on the SCT...get the SCT...you can buy tunes from most any vendor by email....no changing out the PCM...just plug the SCT in and flash..

b&g does tunes for the sct and you can purchase both straight from them

man this is confusing so if i just send mine out and have it flashed can i buy s used stock pcm and have my vin put in it for warreny work and swap em out

'500hp' said:
man this is confusing so if i just send mine out and have it flashed can i buy s used stock pcm and have my vin put in it for warreny work and swap em out

yes ,,must be year the same and vin flashed,and must be from same type qc,or r/c ,,,cost is about the same as getting the hand held ,,,,much more options with handheld

'500hp' said:

If you want to do it the hard way......:dontknow:

Do the SCT = 3 tunes and a return to stock if needed , life time updates should be included----Just purchase it from a good tuner-----DC performance or Roe racing.....

The SCT is the best deal. A flash changes the PCM but you have to send the PCM to the vendor. The SCT changes the PCM as well but you do with the handheld. Even if you go back for warranty work with a stock PCM the dealer will the engine hours logged on the PCM (so I have heard). So it may not be the best deal for warranty.

The T-stat will help but is not required. Go with the SCT. I have had the stage 1, stage 2, blower flash and now an SCT. Go with the SCT.

I have my stock PCM for sale...It's for a 2005 RC, but I believe the chip itself would be compatible, just the flash that differentiates the years and models...If your interested we could look into a little more to be sure. This way you could have 2 PCM's 1 for stage 2 flash and the other for service :)

Would spending that much money on a sct be worth the gains in my 04?:dontknow:

Mark

I am pretty sure they are year and model specific (can not change out a RC & QC, can not change between years)

500snakz said:
Would spending that much money on a sct be worth the gains in my 04?:dontknow:

Mark
I have an 04 as well. The flash has very noticable gains IMO. I put my stock ecm back in recently and just hated how sluggish the truck felt. Ran hot 210`, rpms felt like the were stuck in the mud. Put the DC Performance stage two ecm back in and big smile!!!:D Your prolly out of warranty so the cheap way out would be to send your pcm to have it flashed.

DC Performance tune rocks. They are not all the same.

patrick

OEM PCM

I have a stock OEM PCM for an 04 RC ,if you are interested PM me:D ( they need to be for the year and model of truck you have)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back