SCT Problem

labontecsi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought my SCT from Roe back in November and have used it several times to flash back and forth between tunes. When I got home from the 'Nooga GTG
and tried to flash it from stock, I got "ECM Unlock Failure":( - tried again, same thing. I disconnected the battery for about an hour, hooked it up and tried again-"ECM Unlock Failure".
I got tied up with selling our house and moving for a while, when we got settled in I finally emailed Sean Roe about it.He's been great trying to help me through this. He told me to check my battery voltage and the fuses-all good. We ran through all of the info in the unit (VIN, serial #, ecm #), all good. Sean was stumped and referred me to SCT tech support. I spoke with Rudy there. Rudy bent over backwards trying to help. We again went through all the info in the SCT, he sent me a recovery file-no luck. He sent me a couple more files and helped with a software issue in my laptop-no luck. Rudy was stumped and had me send the unit in for a replacement. I recieved the new unit 3 days later and Sean sent me the new performance tunes to load up. I jumped in the truck, plugged in my SCT, ran through the menus, selected the 93 oct tune(so far so good), followed the prompts and.....

ECM Unlock Failure:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

Can anyone here help:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: ? What could possibly be causing this? The SCT unit is ok, I can read DTC's and see battery voltage. I can read the VIN and ECM # through the diagnostic menu, but when I look at the data stored in the new unit-no VIN or ECM#.

Help, this is frustrating. I have some parts I can't use until this is squared away:mad: , and I'd like to get it fixed before the SE GTG.
:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

load test your battery, and your pcm can also be messed up also, even though the sct was good something could have been corrupted in the PCM,ECM if you can get hooked up to a diagnostic machine even if you have to pay 60 70 bucks unless you know someone, it will be worth it, if its under warranty you be lucky, allot of pcms are built like shit to save money so even if the truck is running fine with out the tune you can still have corrupt parameters. IMO

whats that fuse on the firewall in its own little holder for & is it good?????

labontecsi said:
But the truck runs fine, I just can't flash it. Is this still a possibility? How would I know if the PCM had gone south?
can the sct read error codes?

Did Roe use the correct SCT SN (not your truck SN) in your flashes? I had problems with my SCT because Marty had installed the wrong SCT SN in my flashes....this kept me from downloading his updates..

Other than that you need to make contact with Roe and check again that the vehicle SN is correct...easy to hear a "D" as a "B"........maybe email your SN to Sean to make sure.....Talk to Sean...he will make it work..but he cant if you dont call him back..

TNVIPER said:
Did Roe use the correct SCT SN (not your truck SN) in your flashes? I had problems with my SCT because Marty had installed the wrong SCT SN in my flashes....this kept me from downloading his updates..

Other than that you need to make contact with Roe and check again that the vehicle SN is correct...easy to hear a "D" as a "B"........maybe email your SN to Sean to make sure.....Talk to Sean...he will make it work..but he cant if you dont call him back..

I emailed Sean my SN(its correct in the Unit), and VIN. He told me that the Unit reads your VIN when you load your first tune. I haven't been able to load a tune yet.
Don't get me wrong, Sean has been great trying to get this sorted out-but he's not available again until 9/1.

Last edited:
labontecsi said:
I emailed Sean my SN(its correct in the Unit), and VIN. He told me that the Unit reads your VIN when you load your first tune. I haven't been able to load a tune yet.

Again, contact Sean..he has a reputation for backing his work...I bet this is just something simple that is being overlooked.....try him now..I have contacted him many time late at night...he works late...

i dont think its an sn problem,he can communicate with the pcm,when i bought my sct for my qc from another member it was set back to stock,i didnt need to load my sn its a plug and play,the sn is for tuner updates

TNVIPER said:
Again, contact Sean..he has a reputation for backing his work...I bet this is just something simple that is being overlooked.....try him now..I have contacted him many time late at night...he works late...
he's in Detroit all week. I spoke with him Sunday AM before he left...that's dedication to your clients.:rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back