SCT question

CRexSRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright guys so this may be one of the dumber questions but I am not very technically savvy when it comes to working on these trucks and I can not find where this SCT tuner plugs in for the life of me. I know that its under the dash but I cannot find where. If anyone could guide me through where that is or could post up a picture of what it looks and where you have your tuner placed I would appreciate it.. thanks:eek:

Last edited:
Alright guys so this may be one of the dumber questions but I am not very technically when it comes to working on these trucks and I can not find where this SCT tuner plugs in for the life of me. I know that its under the dash but I cannot find where. If anyone could guide me through where that is or could post up a picture of what it looks and where you have your tuner placed I would appreciate it.. thanks:eek:

It plugs into your ALDL under your lower steering column cover. It's the only plug that's the same shape as SCT plug. Pretty much directly under steering wheel :)

You won't leave it plugged in after tuning so place it in your center console when done tuning and unplugging

It plugs into your ALDL under your lower steering column cover. It's the only plug that's the same shape as SCT plug. Pretty much directly under steering wheel :)

You won't leave it plugged in after tuning so place it in your center console when done tuning and unplugging

Do I have to unplug something or is it an exposed plug?

PLEASE DELETE THREAD.. I was overlooking the hookup the whole time because I was looking underneath. Rookie mistake

Looks close to this
0909or_03_z%2B2007_dodge_ram_3500%2Bconnect_obd_ii_adapter_to_obd_ii_port.jpg

PLEASE DELETE THREAD.. I was overlooking the hookup the whole time because I was looking underneath. Rookie mistake

Can I respectfully decline, think of those you have helped without really knowing :D

I was busy with my damn head craned underneath the pedals that I missed the stupid plug the first time:thefinger:

Lol Shorty, yes and trust me, you two guys are far from the only ones I've helped locate the plug. It's not like every person knows cars and electronics. :dontknow:
Just about every vehicles OBD2 plug is under the dash just as our trucks for future reference :)

Lol Shorty, yes and trust me, you two guys are far from the only ones I've helped locate the plug. It's not like every person knows cars and electronics. :dontknow:
Just about every vehicles OBD2 plug is under the dash just as our trucks for future reference :)

Appreciate the help!

Next time I'm at the gas station I'll make a post so all of you guys can tell me how to pump gas in my truck ;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back