SCT Questions???

Viper Beau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to get some feedback from you guys who use SCT Tuners. I am wanting to buy one but before I do I wanted to know:

1. If I have a regular NA tune running and a nitrous tune saved on the SCT, how much time does it take to upload the nitrous tune? Is it a matter of seconds or what? Done while the truck is running?

2. I was looking on their site and found a wireless SCT tuner for Ford vehicles. The TSX is what I thought it was called. Lets you map all kinds of things, 0-60, 1/4 miles, est. HP & TRQ., a/f, etc... via a 4" LCD touch screen (all wireless). Looked like a nice device. Have any of you heard about them releasing one for Dodge vehicles?

3. My understanding of the SCT is that I can buy tunes for it from some of the vendor tuners, ie. Roe, DC, etc... Can some of you guys chime in on what kind of gains in hp and trq. you are getting from your NA tunes and nitrous tunes (obviously depends on the shot). When the time comes I would like to know which tuners you guys recommend and have had good results both performance-wise and customer service-wise. Thanks for your input.

#1 takes time to load ,,not seconds

#2 no

#3 yes and roe ,torrie,B&G,dc performance all top notch,,,all setups will not be the same on hp or tq ,,,qc get more out of a tune cause of tq managment ,,,not much out of it for a rc

Everything James said....Takes about 2 minutes to load a tune....you can expect around 20-25 hosses on a RC....If you are planning other mods like headers, cam, etc the SCT will allow you to get the most power out of those mods...

beau, never heard from ya this weekend, hope the instal went ok:)

but since you are in fla, i would contact [email protected] he is real close to you, so you may be able to work a dyno day, and those are the best tunes to have, one that is tuned to your elevation and temperatures;)

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
beau, never heard from ya this weekend, hope the instal went ok:)

but since you are in fla, i would contact [email protected] he is real close to you, so you may be able to work a dyno day, and those are the best tunes to have, one that is tuned to your elevation and temperatures;)
:withstupid: Torrie rocks!!!:rock:

i hear the ROE is very good.
that's why i purchased one from him several months ago.

I have a 06 Quadcab with a Roe Supercharger which was installed before I bought it. A year ago I tried to get the truck to pass PA Emissions. At first Sean at Roes sent me a tune for the controller which was wired into the truck. When I couldn't get that to work I purchased a SCT from him which included the stock tune. I did not get that to work but still weaseled a sticker. This year it's time again and I have driven the truck about 300 miles using the stock tune and only 3 monitors have reset. Does anyone have any experience with the SCT controller? What could be keeping the monitors from resetting? HELP!

ylosnake said:
I have a 06 Quadcab with a Roe Supercharger which was installed before I bought it. A year ago I tried to get the truck to pass PA Emissions. At first Sean at Roes sent me a tune for the controller which was wired into the truck. When I couldn't get that to work I purchased a SCT from him which included the stock tune. I did not get that to work but still weaseled a sticker. This year it's time again and I have driven the truck about 300 miles using the stock tune and only 3 monitors have reset. Does anyone have any experience with the SCT controller? What could be keeping the monitors from resetting? HELP!
send a email to [email protected] tell him sawyer or stinker sent ya, tell him your probs, if anyone can fix it, he def can.

After reading the other SCT poll I think that is the thing to do. Thanks man!

ylosnake said:
After reading the other SCT poll I think that is the thing to do. Thanks man!
he dont answer the phone:D email is def best, if you go to my site and look on the links page, I have a link to him there also bud, but torrie is really goood on the sct deal:)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back