Sct/thermostat temp question

evanandretti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this normal or did I not bleed the system properly?

At start up it will climb to 170 and stay there. After short highway or city driving it will stay steady. After a bit of driving unless you are moving with revs up it will climb up to around 200 even with fans cutting in then it will drop back down. So it's fine at first then it fluctuates as soon as you drive for a bit.

I assume with the 170 thermostat and torries tune it should stay steady at 170ish.

Did I miss something when bleeding?

I started it with heater on full. Before thermostat opens put line on bleeder screw and open it untill no bubbles... And then alot more to be safe. Did this 3 times, still having the temp problem. Although last time it seemed like there was barely any coolent coming out... But I prob didn't have the screw open enough??

Any ideas?

Is this normal or did I not bleed the system properly?

At start up it will climb to 170 and stay there. After short highway or city driving it will stay steady. After a bit of driving unless you are moving with revs up it will climb up to around 200 even with fans cutting in then it will drop back down. So it's fine at first then it fluctuates as soon as you drive for a bit.

I assume with the 170 thermostat and torries tune it should stay steady at 170ish.

Did I miss something when bleeding?

I started it with heater on full. Before thermostat opens put line on bleeder screw and open it untill no bubbles... And then alot more to be safe. Did this 3 times, still having the temp problem. Although last time it seemed like there was barely any coolent coming out... But I prob didn't have the screw open enough??

Any ideas?

Yeah, you likely still have air in the system. You will start out with bubbles of air and coolant, then maybe a decent stream of coolant, but once the air pocket gets pushed back toward the bleeder you will again get nothing but hot steam, until the air pocket is purged out the bleeder. Keep trying. Mine stays a consistent 180* in 110* plus weather with my fans rarely coming on ever!;)

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back