sct tune from roe racing

505srt

Reaction score
when i first got my 05 QC i had it dyno'd and it did 413rwhp(corrected) wich is about right, then i had it dynoed recently after i put a k&n, removed the rear cats, and used the 93 tune from roe racing and it only made 434, i would have thought it would have made a little more than 20rwhp, what do you guys think?

You might not see a big gain in Max HP but larger gains at certain RPM's. Compare the 2 Dyno's at 3K, 3500 and 4000 RPMS to see what the difference. Dynos vary quite a bit. I have seen my truck get 3 different numbers on back to back runs.

505srt said:
when i first got my 05 QC i had it dyno'd and it did 413rwhp(corrected) wich is about right, then i had it dynoed recently after i put a k&n, removed the rear cats, and used the 93 tune from roe racing and it only made 434, i would have thought it would have made a little more than 20rwhp, what do you guys think?

Those numbers are just about identical to my BG Stage II #'s !! With TQ about 490ish !!!

Dynos are for tuning...if you use them to gauge performance you will almost always be disappointed....the track will tell the real story..

i once had an old 73 dodge dart sport dynoed on same day but different guy at same shop got two different numbers ,,,one was 35 hp off the other ,,,this was tested twice too after it happen ,,explain me that ,of course it was 1978 :dontknow:

Last edited:
505srt said:

I have same mods,cats deleted,K&N CAI and SCT by Marty-KRC and dynoed out at 430 rwhp on a dyno jet dyno,so I think your right on the money!:egg:

Where you'll see the biggest gains or from improved driveability and performance at the track. With a tune from Sean you can also rest easy knowing he hasn't done anything that will contribute to a significant negative surprise......a.k.a. "Blown up sir!"

Congrats on getting the tune. I've spent time on the dyno and all things considered believe for me it was in hindsight a waste of money. That's not to say there isn't value in some situations......just not mine.

oldguy

I let people run thier own rigs on my dyno so they could have the fun of spinning up to 180mph. They might not like thier numbers sometimes but they have fun getting them.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back