SCT tuner prices

blown04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which vendor here has the best prices on SCT tuners?

Personally I bought mine from torrie and all I can say is the service as well as his communication are the best i have ever delt with.

Thank you. Even if I just want a tuner and not his tune? What price range should i be banking on?

Edit - found a place online offering for $180 and free shipping?? Can that be right???

Last edited:
blown04 said:
Thank you. Even if I just want a tuner and not his tune? What price range should i be banking on?

Edit - found a place online offering for $180 and free shipping?? Can that be right???

180....i think not bro.......its more like a few hundred....just buy it from Torrie with the tunes.....

blown04 said:

U want his tune. Trust us. :)

I was looking at the Unleashed Tuning website and he recommends dyno tuning with his SCT.

I want to get a SCT after I get headers and mid pipes on my truck, but there are only 2 dyno's in Ak. One is owned by a private individual and the other by the local college, so neither are open to the public:mad: . Anyone have experience with an SCT without dyno tuning?

From what I have read on the forum a tune is pretty much a must have to get the most out of headers and cat delete.

Don't know if it matters, but 90 octane is the highest available up here.

thanks!:burnout:

It is better to have it actually dyno tuned to the exact build you have (I don't have a generic SC build) as opposed to a generic (but good) SC build he wrote. Doesn't make much sense to me. I know msg boards always get into the group think thing but I don't see paying an extra 2 or 300 for a generic tune is better than an actual dyno and road tested tune...

If he was closer I'd just have him him do it - but as we have a SCT certified master tuner with a ton of mopar experience a mile from my house - doesn't make much sense...

blown04 said:
It is better to have it actually dyno tuned to the exact build you have (I don't have a generic SC build) as opposed to a generic (but good) SC build he wrote. Doesn't make much sense to me. I know msg boards always get into the group think thing but I don't see paying an extra 2 or 300 for a generic tune is better than an actual dyno and road tested tune...

If he was closer I'd just have him him do it - but as we have a SCT certified master tuner with a ton of mopar experience a mile from my house - doesn't make much sense...
Let's put it this way. His generic base Paxton tune gave me 540 safe horespower at the wheels. His dyno tune went up to 590 rwhp and that's super safe at around 10.6:1 A/F ratio at WOT. There was easily more HP in it, but I told him I want safe and he kept safe with very good numbers. I dont know where u live, but if u can get him to dyno tune, you'll be very happy. Remember, this is a very expensive motor to break.

guys torrie tunes engines remotely get on a dyno email him your infor and he'll make your tune on the same comp he did ours hes just not the one pressing the gas

I got one from torrie also great communication he will get you hooked up just dont forget to mention tony from JTSVP sent you

if ya can make a run to Houston this Saturday, can take care of it then

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Thanks guys - not knocking Torrie at all. Just sayin - I need some lovin - trust me I'm well aware how expensive these bitches are to rebuild ;)

Ok, but what if a dyno tune isn't really an option . . . . .like in my case . . . . . only two dyno's in the state and none open to the public.

I want to keep my 10 NA and just mild mods. . . . . . for now.

How much gain would I get from a SCT? - i plan on getting long tubes and catless mids. Is it even worth it if I can't run on a dyno? :dontknow:

THEDAV said:
Ok, but what if a dyno tune isn't really an option . . . . .like in my case . . . . . only two dyno's in the state and none open to the public.

I want to keep my 10 NA and just mild mods. . . . . . for now.

How much gain would I get from a SCT? - i plan on getting long tubes and catless mids. Is it even worth it if I can't run on a dyno? :dontknow:

If you're gonna mod at all, I say it's worth it. Nothing's easier to install, and it's pretty cheap. You'll notice a difference :burnout: for sure. My guess is 20-30hp on a bolt-on RC:dontknow:

I'm sure Torrie or someone can write you a super safe tune that will work until you can make it to a dyno. I would think that if there are only 2 dyno's in Alaska 1 has be near Ankorage, no?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back