SCT tuner - Torrie tune

DSessom

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm pretty new here, and have read tons of great info about our Viper trucks.

I bought a 2005 quad cab SRT-10 a few weeks ago. The motor is stock except for a K&N CAI. It is fun to drive, but as I have read here, most of the power is at higher RPM, and it seems a bit mild off the line (due to traction control?).

Anyway, I have read time and time again that all quad cab trucks need an SCT tune, and that Torrie is the go-to guy for custom tunes for our trucks.

My question is: how much HP and torque can be expected by Torries tune (91 octane, stock)? And what else does it do for performance and mileage?

Thanks!

Hello all,

I'm pretty new here, and have read tons of great info about our Viper trucks.

I bought a 2005 quad cab SRT-10 a few weeks ago. The motor is stock except for a K&N CAI. It is fun to drive, but as I have read here, most of the power is at higher RPM, and it seems a bit mild off the line (due to traction control?).

Anyway, I have read time and time again that all quad cab trucks need an SCT tune, and that Torrie is the go-to guy for custom tunes for our trucks.

My question is: how much HP and torque can be expected by Torries tune (91 octane, stock)? And what else does it do for performance and mileage?

Thanks!

you will gain the most hp in the lower midrange, upper range safely about 5-7 on top, the quads came tuned with a trq limiter program to save the trans, you should end up bone stock about 420 ish area

I went ahead and bought the SCT from Torrie. He sure replies to email fast, and answered my questions. I hope to get more lower RPM power. The top end is great, but off the line seems a bit tame.

I just happen to live 50 miles north of Nitrous Express. I think they still have a dyno there. I'll call and see if I can pay for a few pulls, and get the results of the tune on paper. :)

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back