second gear 48re is slipping

axxel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My second gear is slipping , 1,3,4 are fine.:dontknow:
There is a mechanic here that sells a lot of dodge diesel trucks but know's little of the tranny.
I spoke to him if he could adjust the bands(few months ago) and he looked very strange.

Alex

I was told by the service Manager at one of the ocal dealerships near me that there are no more band adjustments on transmissions ---hahahahah what a idiot he was.... they will never get my business....find someone that knows how to and have them do it,,,,,, or do it yourself ---it's not real difficult....

That's the problem here in the netherlands,where to find a mechanic.
And i gues it's more then just adjusting the bands.

Alex

OK what am I missing here???? Is this an issue I need to look out for or what??? I have 30k on mine and all seems to be good. Heavy barks in second all the time and it seems to shift fine... AND is there adjustments that can be done to it (by myself or dealer?) or just go and have it worked on or replaced when it does slip or fail... I have a great ext. warr. till 119k so hearing this from all of you has me on the look out now... I'll keep checking here to see what else pops up... Thanks guys... Tony...

Band adjustment needs to be done every 15K miles. Less if you are modded. People don't realize the tranny is like a diesel. I have had people tell me the same about it not having bands. You can do it yourself. There is a write up on it in the do it yourself section.

If your in Second going 50 or 60 and floorboard it, what happens?

If it goes from 2500 to 6000 without going anywhere. you may need a overhaul.

If it gets to the point where its slipping that bad there won't be enough material to save it................... I hope that ain't so..........

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back