Security Alarm - HELP!!

Mscactus

Reaction score
I own a 2005 Viper Truck, (VTR # 1733) I absolutely love it!! I am having one small problem. Since we don't drive it to much, sometimes it sits for a week or more.. Just out of the blue, the alarm goes off. Trust me.. I have checked to see if anyone or anything is tampering with it.. and find nothing.. I'll go back into the house and about a hour later.. It will go off again... So during the day.. I just shut off the alarm... I set it night though.. and it never goes off in the middle of the night.

I was thinking, and tell me if I am wrong... That since I leave it sitting for so long without starting it... Is the alarm going off because I'm running the battery down?

Is there an adjustment to the sensitivity to the alarm? I've looked for the alarm.. and I can't find anything but the Horn thing up against the firewall.. Where is this alarm located?

Yep sounds like an aftermarket with a wiring issue. Look up under the seats or under the dash and see if you can find the "brain" and if it has a brand name on it.

I have an aftermarket alarm that would go off at will (not Rogers). Driving down the road, hit a bump and it would chirp like you were setting the alarm. Audio shop adjusted but totally missed the problem. There are two different controls that hang down from under my dash. One seems to tune off the alarm and the other is a sensitive adjustment. Duh, they were touching each other and shorting out. I installed electrical tape and fixed the problem. :rock:

I had an aftermarket one and would go off if the battery got low.

Well the FOB I got with the truck when I bought it was a VIPER Fob. The FOB though is not the original. It is a universal FOB for those who lost the original, or so they say... So I assume my security system is a VIPER system.. Aftermarket Yes... Maybe I should take pictures of what I can see... anyway... I have looked under the dash... that is where I found the button to program the Keys...

I own a 2005 Viper Truck, (VTR # 1733) I absolutely love it!!

Oops.. The VTR# is 1703.. Not 1733.

Still getting to know this Truck, but one thing I can say for Sure, is it is a WOW! Truck! Really turns heads...

I was driving down the freeway.. Passing a Semi Truck.. The Semi start swerving a bit.. and I punched it.. and flew past him like he was sitting still... I looked in my mirror.. and he was all over the road.. then he jack knifed.. and caused a Major pile up on the freeway which shut down the freeway for many hours... I thanked my Big Red for the power she had, to get me away from that potential accident.. What a Awesome Truck !!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back