Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey or Ney???:dontknow:

Interesting though...:D

seethru1.jpg

seethru2.jpg

seethru3.jpg

seethru4.jpg

Nothing new, this tire/ rim configuration was introduced to the public in 1978/79.
Read a lot about them while working for Columbia Helicopter( I lived in my tent in Twisp Washington at the logging camp then):D

Although experimental at the time ( a light weight spare) the goal was to eliminate flats. Looks as though Michelin is still trying to market these.

Last edited:
includemeout said:
Nothing new, this tire/ rim configuration was introduced to the public in 1978/79.
Read a lot about them while working for Columbia Helicopter( I lived in my tent in Twisp Washington at the logging camp then):D

Although experimental at the time ( a light weight spare) the goal was to eliminate flats. Looks as though Dunlap is still trying to market these.
I know volkswagon uses them as a spare on some vehicles. Tripped me out when I saw it in person.

GADodgetech said:
I know volkswagon uses them as a spare on some vehicles. Tripped me out when I saw it in person.

They work very well, just look wierd:rock: :D :D

so what holds them to the rim? it would be hard to spot them in a 30 or 35 series tire. so i guess they would be lighter because there would be no need for a steel belt

Basically, the are like a fork lift tire (they are pressed on the so called rim)

505srt said:
so what holds them to the rim? it would be hard to spot them in a 30 or 35 series tire. so i guess they would be lighter because there would be no need for a steel belt
I dont know but I would hate to be the person that had to mount them.

includemeout said:
Basicly, the are like a fork lift tire (they are pressed on the so called rim)
Yeah I was gonna say on skidsteer there called waffle tires they last a long time but are hell on the body they are rough. but I dont have to change them every week like regular tires.

DevilDawg3097 said:
Yeah I was gonna say on skidsteer there called waffle tires they last a long time but are hell on the body they are rough. but I dont have to change them every week like regular tires.

But Spike strips are ineffective:p :D :D :D ;) :marchmellow:

My son works for michelin..I should get a 20% discount...will have to investigate these.....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back