Seeping Oil.

Marc T said:
Get the Breather cap from Roe. It's a mini catch can in itself!!
I have the JMB w/catch can. I do not believe it is a pressure problem.

J.R.

The Roe breather is just a little more security, especially if your blown and puttin more pressure in the crank case than usual!!

Just a thought!!

your catch can is installed incorrectly. you need vacuum in the crankcase, that's the whole point of the catch can. it captures oil vapor before it's introduced back to the intake manifold.

if you don't have vacuum in the crank case, it will build pressure and leak oil.

azpyroguy said:
With JMBs catch can setup there is no vaccum connection, both the vaccum and the connection that would normally go back to the airbox (or in this case to the supercharger intake) are blocked off.

There is simply a line that comes from the breather on the driver valve cover (PCV Removed), to the breather on the passenger valve cover, with a T-connection that goes to the catch can.

No vaccum or pressure is forced into the valve covers, its allowed to naturally breath now.

I think the way it was connected before under boost the supercharger would essentially pressurize the valve covers, then that air would then "blow" out the oil cap causing the slight dripping from it.

This morning I have cleaned it off with degreaser, and going to see if the problem returns, or if it was just "remnants" of the previous before the catch can... I think its going to be the latter.

AWDisuzu said:
your catch can is installed incorrectly. you need vacuum in the crankcase, that's the whole point of the catch can. it captures oil vapor before it's introduced back to the intake manifold.

if you don't have vacuum in the crank case, it will build pressure and leak oil.

well said my pink lace wearing friend:D

well you have 2 breathers for a reason. at low throttle, there is vacuum in the intake manifold. so there is a hose from one breather to the intake manifold (with a check valve)

the other breather goes to the intake before the air cleaner. thos location develops low air pressure under wide open throttle. no check valve is needed here.

the catch can goes between the check valve on the intake manifold hose and the breather. you don't want boost to enter the catch can either.

the way you have it hooked up, it does absolutely nothing except catch oil that is forced out the breather by internal crankcase pressure (which you don't want fo sho!)

hope that makes some sence!

mike

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back